TWENTY EIGHT

"How did you manage to get that done so quick?"

Lennon was surprised to say the least when Peter insisted they hang out after school one day and he surprised her with his finished first version of a web shooter.

"I was really excited," he smiled, "I've been working on this all day and night."

"Luckily for you, I have too."

"You finished the suit?" Peter asked, hopeful.

"Not yet. There's a lot I want to include and since I'm so used to only working on Iron suits, it's been a little tough working on yours. But I'm getting there."

"Don't worry about it," he reassured her though, "Remember when I asked you to go shopping with me?"

"Yeah... you refused to let me get you anything expensive so we ended up going to a thrift store where you chose some way too baggy clothes- oh no. Please tell me that's not what you're wearing."

"Hey! I worked on it a bit! I think it's actually a pretty cool suit."

"I'll be the judge of that, Parker," Lennon smirked, "Go on. Put the suit on."

"Oh I will. You wait here. No peaking!"

"How am I going to peak all the way from your living room?" she giggled.

So, she sat there patiently, excited to see just what Peter managed to come up with from the seemingly normal clothes he bought at a great bargain.

She didn't know what she expected but it definitely wasn't anything at all to what she was planning herself for his suit.

"Peter Parker..."

"It's cool, right?!"

Lennon couldn't see this but Peter was smiling brightly behind his mask, spinning to give her a view of the entire thing, although there wasn't much to look at anyway.

In her head, she wanted so badly to get him out of what he thought was a suit and just have him wait until she was actually finished with hers but she couldn't exactly tell him that, so she faked a smile instead.

"It's good."

"It is? Ugh, I'm so glad you like it!" Peter finally took his mask off, "I just- I worked so hard on it."

"I especially like your little spray paint job here," Lennon got up to closely inspect the outfit, "Is this the emblem you want to keep- for future references?"

"I-I mean, any sign of a spider would be good, I think. I am going to be spider-man, after all."

That immediately caught Lennon's attention as she looked up, "Spider-man?"

"Is... is it a bad name?"

"No! It's a great name!" she was now smiling proudly, "It goes straight to the point. I love it."