FIFTY FOUR

"I feel like it's only fair

"I feel like it's only fair."

"How so?"

"My parents ambushed you the other day. I should force myself to be ambushed by May."

"I really don't think that's a good idea."

"What? Does she still think it's MJ you're going out with?"

When Lennon was met by Peter's silence, she gasped.

"You didn't tell her yet?!"

"I... it's hard," Peter sighed, "I just managed to convince me her to let me go out without asking so many questions."

"So you're just planning on hiding me for the rest of our relationship?"

"No!"

"Good, so I'm going to see her after school today."

"I still don't think it's a good idea but... okay, we'll go together after school," Peter offered.

Lennon smiled at that, kissing his cheek before heading to her next class, pretty excited about going to Peter's after school.

She desperately wanted this chapter to be put behind them and she was certain with this impromptu meeting with May that things would be fixed... until she spoke to her friends about it.

"Meeting parents is the worst," Dylan complained, "It's like a wild card. They could like you... but I gotta be honest with you- they mostly learn towards not."

"But Lennon isn't meeting May for the first time," Michelle frowned, "And didn't she really like you immediately anyway?"

"Yup. Until-"

Lennon stopped short, knowing she couldn't exactly say that May thought she was the reason Peter was Spider-man.

"Until?"

Lennon cleared her throat nervously, "Until it was announced that I was as officially a part of the Avengers and May wasn't too pleased having her precious nephew around me and that danger."

"What? Like Peter isn't a grown up completely capable of taking care of himself?" Michelle scoffed.

"He is but- I just don't want my potential boyfriend's aunt to hate me. So my main focus is to just get on her good side again. Not argue with her."

"It's bound to happen," Dylan shrugged, "Once the parental figure hates you, it just sticks."

"Sounds like you have some bad experience with parents," Michelle chuckled.

"Norman Osborn does not make it an easy experience."

"Well there you go, that's why you have such negative feelings about it. It's Norman Osborn. No offense, Harry."

"None taken," Harry chuckled a bit, "I completely agree. Ignore her, Lenn. You can get May on your side."

"Thank you, Harry," she huffed, "I'm thinking I'm going to bring flowers. Is that too cliche?"