SIXTY NINE

"So, why do you look like shit?"

On Peter's first day back to school, it should've been a great moment.

Sure, he was still mourning Tony but he would have been finally getting his life back together... had it not been for Lennon dumping him via text the night before.

"Wait. She just texted you that you were done?" Ned was surprised to say the least after Peter told him what happened.

"Yup."

"Damn. I'm so sorry, bro."

"Maybe it's for the best," Michelle suddenly spoke up next to him.

"How is the love of my life breaking up with me for the best?"

"The love of your life?" Michelle couldn't help but laugh, "Cmon, Peter. You two are only teenagers."

"What would you know about relationships, MJ?"

"I know that if someone breaks up with you, it's best to forget about them."

"Harsh," Ned mumbled.

Peter ignored him though and continued to stare down Michelle, "So I'm just supposed to forget about my girlfriend who's clearly mourning her dad and aunt still? And who's missing today, by the way?"

"So she missed the first day of school? A lot of kids did."

"Yeah," Ned nervously looked around, "It's been real crowded since we all got back."

"Still. I- I got it!"

"Got what?"

"She obviously wouldn't want to see me today since she broke up with me but maybe she'd want to see you, MJ?"

"What now?"

"That could work!" Ned agreed, "She'd probably feel way more comfortable with a girl. Although... is MJ really considered a girl?"

Ned yelped in pain when Michelle kicked him under the table but Peter continued to look at her.

"Please, just go to her house after school. Talk to her, make sure she's okay. Then... then maybe after school we can meet up? You can tell me everything she said."

"What's in it for me?" Michelle asked after a while.

"Whatever you want. Just- please."

Pepper was pretty surprised when Michelle showed up at their home out of nowhere, but she was taking all the help she could get.

"It's just, with Dylan across the country helping Harry open the Oscorp branch in Tokyo, she hasn't been able to help Lennon get through this," she explained as she led her to Lennon's room, "But I'm so glad she has a friend like you at least."

"Yup..."

Michelle didn't really know what to say or do. She mostly just let Lennon cry and vent to her about whatever she wanted, really. Lennon found it oddly helpful.