EIGHTY ONE

As if the helicopters and giant mass of people outside Peter's apartment wasn't enough, the cherry on top was definitely being taken in for questioning

"This cannot be legal," Lennon scoffed when she saw that they had also brought in Michelle and Ned.

"We just have to play by the books and that is don't say a thing and lawyer up immediately. Got it, Ned?"

"Why only me? What about Lennon?"

"Nat taught me everything about making sure I don't get compromised. I'll be fine. But you won't be Ned if you betray Peter- even if it's by accident. I'll make sure of that."

Ned only gulped as they lead them all to their own rooms.

Lennon didn't even break a sweat, sitting there as she thought about just how to get ahead of the narrative once they got out of there.

"Lennon Maria Stark," a man announced as he entered the room, "Date of birth: December 16, 2001. Daughter of Tony Stark and-"

"I didn't realize having a boyfriend was a crime."

"It's not. But helping your boyfriend do a crime isn't exactly legal at all."

"Uh huh. And what crime did we commit?"

"Murder? Reckless endangerment?"

"Oh you mean when we saved Europe from multiple elementals? Which is a whole other story but is that what you're referring to? Cause from what I remember is we saved people. Sure there was one casualty-"

"Mysterio was a hero-"

"Mysterio was a persona. Quinten Beck was an old washed-up wannabe who attempted to trick a teenager to get what he wanted- to be a phony superhero just because my dad said no to him one time. But the funny thing is, not even a high schooler let himself get tricked in the end, how could you?"

"How could I have possibly even been tricked? We have the evidence-"

"You have what he wanted you to have."

"Or I have what I have because I'm so damn good at my job-"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Bob," Lennon smiled sweetly, knowing her own plan to piss him off was working.

"I hope you keep this attitude when your friends are off in college enjoying their lives while you're stuck here dealing with all the legal problems this is most definitely going to bring down Stark industries."

"Have you met my mom? Pepper Potts? She most definitely won't let you drag this on that long. By the time I'm eighteen, this will all be long gone."

"I'm not too sure about that," he was the one to smirk now, "She might be busy dealing with other issues herself."

"Like what?"

"Like your real mom winning custody over you."

"What?"