FIFTY THREE

Dates between Peter and Lennon were as perfect as they both could imagine

Dates between Peter and Lennon were as perfect as they both could imagine. It literally felt like things couldn't have been more better than they already were and Peter was beyond grateful of that.

He was especially grateful that Lennon wasn't too upset about him not asking her to be his girlfriend yet but in his defense, he wanted to wait for the perfect time to finally ask.

Even though they were friends for over a year now, he still felt like he was learning more and more about her each date so he wanted to make sure he didn't rush things either.

They already tried to rush things the first time around and because of that, and many other reasons, things didn't work out. He was not planning on making that mistake again.

He figured date number five was the one to do it- he even had his whole speech prepared. But instead was surprised by Tony opening the door when he went to pick Lennon up for their date. He knew this wouldn't be a regular date considering Lennon always made it a point to open the door and take Peter away before Tony could even approach them.

Now, Lennon sat on her couch all dressed up but a clear upset look on her face.

"Um..."

"Change of plans, kid," Tony smiled, "You and my daughter are having a double date with Ms. Potts and I."

"It'll be great," Pepper tried to reassure him when she joined them, "I asked Lennon what your favorites were. You are our special guest tonight."

"I... I didn't realize we had a double date planned. I'm not sure if the restaurant-"

"I already called. They were fine with a last minute cancellation."

"Cancel- you told me you rescheduled it!" Lennon glared at her father.

"Tomayto, tomahto," Tony brushed her off, putting an arm around Peter as he began to guide him to the dining area, "So, how has it been convincing that aunt of yours to let you keep being Spidey?"

Lennon only rolled her eyes at that, which Pepper noticed immediately.

"You need to cool it with the attitude, missy," she gave her a look.

"I just- dad is being insufferable with this whole Peter thing."

"It's just because he cares about you."

"Caring is one thing. Being obsessive is another."

"I wouldn't call him obsessive."

"Besides Spider-man, there has always been a constant in our relationship and that is dad. It's like he can't take a hint."

"You have to understand where he's coming from though, Lenn. You're his little girl. This is hard on him- letting you go for the first time."

"It's not like Pete and I are getting married," she scoffed, "we're only in high school."