FORTY TWO

Whenever Tony went away, he always made it a point to call the girls to check up on them, especially now more than ever that Pepper was finally back

Lennon just never expected for him to call her during school hours. Knowing that was usually a big rule for him not to, she quickly made her way to the bathroom so she could answer.

"Dad, hey. Is everything okay?"

"Everything's perfect with me, can't say the same for the Spiderling."

"Oh god," Lennon groaned, "What did he do?"

"What did he- didn't the kid tell you?"

"Tell me what?" she frowned, obviously over her dad's calm demeanor even though she was far from calm- or even happy.

"He fought with some flying bird man last night."

"He did what?"

"I had to send a suit to save him last night from drowning after bird man dropped him from the sky."

"I can't believe he did that."

"Exactly what I said," Tony sighed, "Honestly, I know what I signed up for with you. But then Dylan came into the picture and now Peter? It's crazy that I have essentially three kids and I just- I wasn't signed up for three."

"Dad. Peter is not your kid."

"You don't want him to be your brother? Fine. Then control him."

"I'm not going to control him-"

"I'll have the paperwork ready for me then when I get back. Congrats, kid. You're going to have a brother."

"That's not even funny," she glared at him.

"I don't know. I laughed a bit," he smiled, "Just- for his safety, get him to knock it off."

"I'll try."

"Thank you. Now, I'll see you soon. I love you."

"I love you most."

"That's still cheating and you-"

Lennon laughed to herself as she hung up the call, making her way out of the bathroom, already on a mission to find Peter to get answers.

It should've been easy when lunchtime came around since he usually sat with their friends but when Ned and Peter never showed up, she knew she had to find him.

Ned was easier to find though. And while that might've been bad luck for him, she was more than ready to get answers from at least one guy.

Ned didn't notice her approaching as he continue to talk to Seymour through a window but she immediately interrupted their conversation.

"Where's Peter?"

"I... I- I wouldn't know."

"I'd back up a bit, Sey."