THIRTY

A lot had happened in six months

Lennon was striving in school, Dylan and Harry officially became a couple and Peter was doing a great job as Spider-man.

Lennon was so close to finishing his suit and she would've finished a lot sooner, had she not been secretly dealing with the separation of her parents.

Granted, they still labeled it as only a temporary break but with Pepper taking frequent work trips and Tony focusing on work himself, Lennon knew that couldn't be good for the relationship.

She just wanted things to go back to normal... even though she knew after Sokovia, things were never going to feel normal again.

"How does it feel, kid?" Tony asked, snapping Lennon out of her thoughts, "Your dad is a superstar."

She smiled softly, shaking her head, "Just because some nerd school is honoring you-"

"Hey. Don't be a little hater," he ruffled her hair, pulling her into his arms, "One of these days, MIT is going to be honoring you and your work. And your old man is going to be sitting proudly at the front row."

"Really? Even if my work clearly outshines yours?" Lennon joked as she looked up at him.

"Because your work will outshine mine, I'll be proud."

"Thanks dad," she smiled softly at him.

"You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah."

"And I'm so so proud of you."

"I love you too. And I'm proud too. Especially of this B.A.R.F. technology- I can't believe you named it that, by the way."

"I'm still working on it," he laughed, finally letting her go, "Besides, I can't take all the credit. It was actually-"

"Mr. Stark?" one of the workers interrupted him, "We're ready for you."

"And that's my cue."

"Knock em dead, old man."

"Will do, tiny human," he ruffled her hair again, making her huff as she tried to fix it while he finally walked away.

You could feel the excitement in the room as it was announced the presentation was starting and even though Lennon was standing backstage, she was eager to see what her dad had in store for everyone.

"Isn't this so exciting?" a man suddenly appeared next to her, startling her a bit.

"Um... yeah. It is. Who are you?"

"The guy who created what's being presented. You think your old man will bring me up there with him?"

"Yeah... sure."

She could see the proud look on his face, only for it to turn into one of disgust seeing what Tony was actually doing on stage.

"Why would he... what..."