FORTY ONE

"I can't believe they're still playing this shit," Lennon rolled her eyes

Captain America stood in the screen as he rambled on about whatever it was he was saying and she did her best to ignore him.

"Why do you hate him all of a sudden?" Michelle asked, not taking her eyes off her book.

"Where do I begin?" she scoffed, still knowing she wasn't going to say anything to Michelle- she couldn't exactly say anything, really. They were close but what Lennon learned from her dad wasn't something she could burden Michelle with.

"I think it's good he didn't sign the accords. From what we learned in class, the government was just trying to stick their nose where it didn't belong."

"Michelle."

"Sorry," she whispered, "I forgot. We should always be on team Stark."

"Exactly."

"Normally I'd throw up at the idea, but because I actually like you, I'll agree," Michelle smiled a bit as she stood up, the students now piling onto the gym floor where they began to do sit-ups... or some version of it.

"You really can't put your book down even for a minute?" Lennon complained as she held down Michelle's feet.

"I just got to the good part," she brushed her off though, Lennon rolling her eyes playfully, just leaning on her for support as her eyes wandered off to Peter.

She hated how good he looked... and how she couldn't resist staring at him. They hadn't spoken since the day before and it sucked that that was a normal thing. But it wasn't like she could do anything about it.

"Yo, Lennon!"

She snapped out of her daze to look at her small group of friends.

"You can't ask her," Betty laughed, "Her dad is Iron Man."

"We'll just give her a new list then," Seymour insisted, "Eff, marry, kill. Thor, Hulk... Captain America."

Lennon didn't see this but Peter definitely looked uncomfortable, which is something Ned didn't miss at all.

"Two things: one, I grew up with them all so this conversation is just gross. And two: I'd kill Captain America."

"Ouch," they laughed.

"Okay, fine. What about Spider-man?"

"What about him?" Lennon cleared her throat, trying to focus less on the conversation in hopes they'd leave her alone.

"Oh cmon, you can seriously compare Spider-man against Thor," Betty scoffed.

"Did you guys see that bank security camera on YouTube? He fought off like four guys!" Liz argued.

"Oh my gosh, she's crushing on Spider-man."

Lennon was the one who grew uncomfortable now and focused only on Michelle now who finally looked up from her book to smirk at Lennon.