FORTY SEVEN

"Oh god

"Oh god. Did you two finally come up with the punishment?" Lennon frowned when she saw her parents waiting for her in the kitchen and a smirking Dylan behind them.

"We did."

"Fine. Just lay it on me," she sighed, taking her seat and ready to hear whatever it is they had to say.

"You're grounded for a month."

"A month?!"

"You used your suit without permission, what did you expect?"

"Fine, whatever. Can I go to school yet?"

"That isn't your only punishment," Tony's voice stopped her from leaving.

"What? What else is there?"

The couple exchanged looks, the two obviously still thinking through whatever the punishment was. That only worried Lennon more.

"Your vote has officially been withdrawn from our moving decision."

"What?!"

"From here on out Dylan, your mom and I are going to decide whether we stay here or go back west."

"You can't be serious!" Lennon almost wanted to cry, knowing Dylan would have no issues moving back to California since that was her original home and her boyfriend could literally pack up and follow them.

"Lennon, you could barely be trusted to use your suit responsibly. No way are we going to give you the option to help decide where we live too."

"The good news though is you officially have access to the lab again so congratulations-"

"I don't want it!" Lennon frowned, "I want a vote in the move!"

"Sorry, kiddo. This is non-negotiable."

"How does this make sense?! To punish me from using my suit without permission you let me possibly make more suits but refuse to let me help decide where I want to live?!"

"Lennon."

"I'm going to school- unless that isn't allowed?"

"What isn't allowed is your attitude, Lennon Maria Stark."

She only rolled her eyes, leaving her home in a fury, definitely not ready to face school and having to act like everything was alright when in reality it was far from it.

She never acted out before. She was always the perfect daughter and student and just always following the rules. But at the thought of it all being taken away from her- the home she had gotten so used to and the city she grew to love, she felt betrayed.

And she definitely didn't feel like being the perfect student today. Maybe it was in spite of Tony and Pepper but it was also just because she needed a break. She just needed to let go.

Peter wasn't expecting to find anyone on the field when he needed to step out for fresh air a little later in the school day and was definitely surprised to see Lennon laying on the grass.