FORTY NINE

Everything in the past was forgotten of for Lennon

Everything in the past was forgotten of for Lennon. Every fight, disagreement or even jealous feeling was put to the side as she nervously waited for Peter's arrival at school the day after homecoming.

Hell, she would've gone to be by his side immediately after his fight with Vulture if it weren't for her friends who insisted she enjoy her night out. Still, it was hard to enjoy said night out when she hadn't heard from Peter at all since.

That's why when she finally saw him that morning, she was more then eager to talk to him.

"Peter!" Lennon gasped, quick to run to him, hugging him tightly and him hugging her back just as tight. To anyone else, it looked like they hadn't seen each other in years, which, it might as well have been with how distant they were with each other.

"Are you okay?" she asked when they finally pulled away.

"Yeah," he smiled softly, "A little sore but overall good. Plus, I got the bad guy."

"I saw," she smiled now, "Congratulations. And all by yourself, nonetheless."

"Well, I had my guy in the chair," he shrugged, "Plus, I'd like to think I had you."

"How so?"

"When the bad guy threatens your loved ones, you tend to keep them close to your heart, to remember what you're fighting for."

"I'm still a loved one?" Lennon bit her lip anxiously.

"Always."

"I really do want to apologize for everything though," she sighed, "You probably thought I was being way too needy or clingy-"

"You and I both know you were neither of that," Peter frowned, "How you were feeling was completely valid. So... why are you really apologizing?"

Seeing the look on her face, Peter immediately knew something was up.

"What's going on, Lenn?"

Lennon sighed, "I.... I may be moving back to California."

"What?"

"So I didn't want to leave on a bad note," she continued, "And I thought I'd apologize and fix things between us. I really am sorry though for trying to essentially make you pick between me and Spider-man. That was so unfair and-"

"What do you mean you might be moving back to California?" Peter interrupted, a million thoughts crossing his mind.

"I mean that," she shrugged, "As you know, dad sold the tower. That's where I lived and now... part of my punishment was not knowing where I'm moving. So... for all I know, the rest of my things could be in a home in Malibu and I could be leaving any day now."

"Bu-but they cant just move you in the middle of the school year! Hell, we've barely just had homecoming!"

"Yeah, but I don't think timing matters to them. What's important for them is that they get me away from danger. From..."