ONE HUNDRED

"You know

"You know. I think in order to pass our classes, we actually have to go to them."

"I don't see how that's an essential part of passing."

"And here Rachel thought you living with me would be a good influence."

"We practically lived together back when you were still living with her."

"That's mostly because I couldn't stand you going back to that small and lonely apartment," Lennon frowned, "Besides, she didn't mind, no matter how freaked out Happy would get whenever he'd come over and find us in bed together."

"Happy got his way in the end- making us find a place to live with MJ and Ned."

"Little does he know though that Ned and MJ aren't sharing a room like we are," she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yeah but that's mostly because MJ didn't make Ned turn his room into a walk in closet."

"It's not my fault I've lived in mansions my whole life! How do you guys fit all your clothes in one small closet?!"

"And here I thought you weren't a spoiled little rich girl," he joked, brushing her hair back.

"I'll have you know, this spoiled little rich girl is the reason we have such a nice house."

"You're right. I knew keeping you around was a good idea."

"Ha ha," she rolled her eyes playfully, leaning in to kiss him.

Being at MIT really was the dream. Sure, it was weird being away from New York but it was truly time to put himself and his happiness first instead of Spider-man.

Besides, he made sure to leave help behind in place of himself. He and Lennon both did, knowing they couldn't exactly leave their beloved city without protection.

This time would be used to build the life Peter wanted- and almost had before Mysterio ruined everything.

Part of that might have been a rather big step Peter was sure was probably too soon to do- technically, but if life's taught him anything, it's that it's too short to hold back from doing what you truly want and just going for it.

He had been trying to talk himself into doing it basically since the moment they moved to Massachusetts.

Technically, it was from the moment he managed to get May's ring from their apartment before the city got rid of most of the things after she passed, not knowing Peter existed in the first place.

He hadn't let go of the ring since, holding it close to him the entire time, anxiously waiting to put it on Lennon's finger.

"Where are you right now?"

"Huh?" Peter snapped out of his thoughts, looking at Lennon who gave him a look.

"You just looked so out of it, what's going on?"