SEVENTY NINE

It was like the tricks Mysterio pulled on him actually came true

He was so relieved when he finally beat Beck and got all the drones to stop that he almost missed Lennon on the floor struggling to keep consciousness with her multiple wounds bleeding out.

"Shit! Lennon!"

"I-I'm okay."

"You're not," he gasped, "E.D.I.T.H. is it safe to pick her up?"

Lennon didn't really remember much after that. The last thing she saw before her eyes closed were of Peter begging her to stay awake.

In her defense, it was all basically a blur to Peter too.

He didn't even remember carrying her out of there and begging for help until he saw the videos and pictures of it after the accident.

With the quinjet out of commission, Happy was basically panicking too. But the people with resources of their own all stepped up, not wanting to lose yet another Stark in such short time.

So, with everyone's help, Lennon made it.

She lost a lot of blood but it was nothing she couldn't handle- which is what she was trying to tell Happy when she insisted she ride back home with her friends.

"You're not flying back with freshly stitched up wounds in commercial. I've already got a quinjet in route. We're going home in that with a doctor on board."

"But- I don't want to ruin this trip."

"This trip was ruined when you decided to get shot four times."

"I didn't do that by choice," Lennon frowned.

"Whatever. It's not happening. You're going home with me."

Lennon sighed, "Can Peter at least come with us?"

"And keep you from getting rest? I don't think so."

"How do you get to bring a whole doctor but I can't bring Peter?"

"He was already heading to New York. We just offered him an upgrade. He's needed. Peter isn't."

"Peter is so needed!"

"Lennon-"

"Either he comes or I stay."

Peter was beyond excited when he got the text from Happy inviting him to join them on the quinjet.

"I can finally give her the necklace."

"You never showed it to me, by the way," Michelle gave him a look.

"Right..."

He pulled the necklace from his backpack, handing her the box which she opened eagerly.

"No way. Is this her dad's reactor?"

"Yeah. I know she gave up her suit but-"

"It's broken."