SEVENTY FIVE

When Michelle snuck off from the opera, Lennon knew she had to follow her- to at least make sure she was okay, if anything

She knew she promised Peter to keep everyone safe so she was going to just that.

While the rest of their friends stayed at the boring opera, Lennon watched after Michelle, Ned and Betty.

She might not have put the suit on at all but luckily Natasha and her trained enough that she knew exactly how to keep everyone at the carnival calm and out of danger when the elemental finally arrived.

It was crazy watching Peter and this Mysterio guy fight the latest of these monsters.

But when she managed to get away from yet another direct attack to her, something just didn't feel right.

"I mean, you were standing right there. Why didn't he go for you?"

"You know, I'm going to ignore that comment," Michelle scoffed, "Cause I know my best friend didn't basically just ask for me to be attacked instead."

"Sorry- that's not what I mean. I just... this is the second elemental to try to wipe me out. To target me specifically out of the giant poll of victims."

"Maybe it knows you're a Stark," Michelle shrugged, as they slipped back into the opera where the unbothered group were still sitting at the front- or rather, most of their friends sleeping in the front.

"How do a water bad guy and fire dude know me? I know my dad is powerful and all but, surely, he couldn't have pissed off these guys."

"So, what are you thinking?"

"I don't know," she sighed.

She thought of it the rest of the time, trying to figure out what she was missing. But she was really especially worried about Peter and how he was since she hadn't heard from him at all.

Lennon was just about ready to go out and look for him when she noticed him coming up the stairs.

"You're okay!" Lennon sighed in relief, quickly running over to him and pulling him into a tight hug, one he gladly reciprocated.

Holding her made him realize just how right he was to give up trying to be 'the next Iron Man'. The only thing he wanted to be was Lennon's boyfriend again.

He showed that to her when he immediately pulled her into a kiss once they pulled away from the hug.

It was passionate, intense, everything Lennon imagined and remembered from their last real kiss.

She didn't want to ever pull away but, still, she knew she had to. They couldn't just jump right back into the relationship. They had to talk out a lot of things first.

"What was that for?"

"That was me coming to my senses. Me choosing you and this instead of these elementals and whatever the hell Fury was trying to get me into in the first place."