TWENTY TWO

When Lennon first heard Peter Parker's name come up in class, she couldn't stop thinking about him

What were the chances that a kid she met when she was a kid was now going to the same school as her?

Still, she couldn't just approach him in the middle of class and confront him about it.

Her plan was to talk to him after- until she saw her two friends waiting for her outside the door when the bell rang.

"How was your first class alone, honey?" Dylan smiled at her, making Lennon smile softly.

"It was good. I actually... there's someone I have to talk to."

"Oh," she smirked now, "A cute someone?"

"Wow you weren't kidding when you told your dad you would be talking to boys," Harry laughed.

"Oh shut up, it's not like that."

"Yet."

Lennon only brushed them off when she finally saw Peter walk out with Ned.

"Okay- just- give me a minute," she told them before making her way over to Peter and Ned.

"He's pretty cute."

"Which one?"

"Both of them," Dylan smiled, excited for whatever Lennon was planning on doing.

Ned grew nervous seeing the brunette approach them, stiffening up but still smiling, "Hey, Lennon."

"Hey, Ned," she smiled softly before looking at Peter, "You're Peter, right? Peter Parker?"

"Um... y-yeah."

"As in the Peter Parker who stole my camera all those years ago?"

"Stole?!" he immediately grew wide-eyed, "No! Yo-you gave it to me!"

"I know," she giggled, brushing her hair back, "I'm just messing with you. It is so good to see you though- I- do you still have the picture?"

"Are you kidding? I have it framed," he laughed, only to blush moments later when he realized how bad that sounded, "I just mean- I-"

"I get it," she smirked slightly, "Haven't you heard all the whispers? I'm amazing. I'd have a picture of me framed too- hell, I already have one."

"Okay, I know you're joking but still..."

Lennon laughed when the warning bell ring and she bit her lip as she started to back up, "Anyways, it was nice seeing you again. Feels nice to actually talk to you after years of wondering about you."

"Wondering- I'm sorry you wondered about me?"

"Don't look so shocked. It may have been only a few minutes but- you're a hero, Peter."