SIXTY FOUR

"Do you have to sit there?"

"My dad's already mad at me. I don't need you upset too, wizard."

"Just- go away. I didn't have kids for a reason."

"You sure it's not because no woman has ever been interested in carrying your wizard children?"

Doctor Strange gave her a look, "I'll have you know, there was a woman who was very much interested in me-"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"Okay, I am not going to argue with a child. Now, leave me alone. I have work to do."

"How is meditating work?"

"I'm going to ignore you now."

"Oh cmon!"

"Baby!" Peter came over excitedly, "Did you hear all of that? These guys are kinda funny. I mean, there was a bunch of talk about kicking name and taking ass, apparently other Peter thinks Footloose is a good movie, something about a dance off and- woah."

Lennon looked back to where Peter was looking, growing wide-eyed seeing Doctor Strange acting weirdly.

"What is he doing?"

She didn't even realize when Tony and the others joined them, him snapping Doctor Strange out of his... meditation.

"What was that?"

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict."

"How many did you see?"

"That's not the question," Lennon frowned, "The question is did we win any of them?"

"I saw 14,000,605. And out of all of those... we only won one."

"Great," Tony walked away, obviously pissed off with what Doctor Strange said.

Lennon just continued to sit there while everyone seemed to be getting to work or... do whatever the hell Drax and Mantis were doing.

Peter could tell by the look on her face that something was wrong. He wasn't just about to let her sulk about it without trying to help.

"What's wrong, Lenn?"

"What's wrong?" she sighed, "Dad hasn't said one thing to me since we fought those bone heads."

"He's just a little upset..."

"I don't get why."

"You did sneak onto the ship even though he told you not to."

"So did you."

"Something tells me I'm not the one he really cares about," Peter smiled softly, "I mean, of course, he cares if something were to happen to me. But if something were to happen to you... You're his life, Lenn..."