TWENTY FOUR

"You did what?"

"You did what?"

"Pretty girls make me nervous!"

"Ned, I'm going to kill you," Peter said under his breathe when the teacher walked past them, making sure to scold them a bit for talking.

"It was seriously like I had no control over what I was saying. It's like my mind just saw her and said: you're going to tell this girl everything she wants to know- my social security number too if she wanted that."

"Ned, I swear-"

"Okay," the teacher suddenly stopped her lecture once again, "I've had enough of the chatter. Mr. Leeds, please switch seats with... Ms. Stark."

"Huh?"

"I trust that you will be a good influence on Mr. Parker."

"Um..."

"Sisters shouldn't really sit together anyway. Next year there will definitely be assigned seats, students!"

Everyone groaned as Lennon quietly grabbed her things, making her way to Ned's old seat while Ned plopped down on hers.

Peter was nervous to say the least, making sure he looked straight ahead and focused on the teacher instead of giving Lennon any chance at all to talk to him about what was said at the night of the party.

It was at the end of class that Lennon finally had enough of it.

"Hey Peter-"

"I don't like you."

Lennon was startled, "Um... what?"

"I just- I felt like I had to make that clear. Yeah I had a kid crush and my aunt May gave me the idea to frame the picture but obviously now that I know you, I got rid of it and-"

"Wait. You have a framed picture of Lennon?"

"Eugene..."

"Guys! Peter has a creepy crush on Lennon!"

Peter sighed, putting his head in his hands while Lennon chuckled softly.

"You know they're never going to let that go, right?"

"Yeah. I know you probably think I'm a creep and you don't want to be my friend now-"

"Peter, it doesn't bother me at all."

"What? Really?" he was shocked to say the least, "Bu-but we just met and already all this happened-"

"And now we're going to have a unique friendship," Lennon beamed, "Which reminds me of what I actually wanted to talk about."

"That wasn't what you wanted to talk about?" Peter felt his heart drop.

"Nope," Lennon insisted even though it was far from the truth, "You know how my dad is this big genius, right?"