EIGHT

It was no competition for Lennon when Pepper asked her opinion on where they should build the newest Stark Tower

New York.

It was the place Lennon first truly saw her appreciated her father was instead of being judged by her old friends and their parents. It truly felt like the best place for all three of them, really.

When Pepper saw just how dedicated and excited Lennon was for the project herself, she just knew she had to bring her out with her for the process.

"And I was going to give you your own room but-"

"Darling, you're getting your own floor," Tony announced, a big smile on his face as he scooped his giggling daughter up, leaving kisses all over her face.

"Daddy! I don't need my own floor!"

"Oh you will be changing that tune when you become a teenager and discover the boy," Pepper teased.

Tony immediately grimaced, shaking his head as he let his daughter go, "On second thought, let's reconsider this whole floor deal."

Pepper only rolled her eyes while Lennon smiled sweetly at him.

"You'll always be the only boy in my life, daddy."

"Aw," he smiled down at her, "What do you want?"

"Tony!"

"Don't Tony me, I taught her that look. You're only ever supposed to give Pepper and Happy that look kid, not me. So what gives?"

"You taught me to give that look to anyone I want something from."

"Okay, so my question still stands. What do you want?"

"To find my friend," she smiled sweetly, "His name is-"

Tony quickly shook his head though, "No. Nope. No way am I helping you look for a boy."

"But-"

"No buts Lennon Maria Stark."

Lennon couldn't help but giggle, making Tony roll his eyes playfully, a small smile still on his face as he fought back laughter himself at the innuendo.

Pepper shook her head at the two, "I would say that's how you know you aren't mature enough to be into boys but you Tony have me second guessing that."

"Hey, it's not my fault that butt is a funny word!"

"Uh huh," Pepper was the one to roll her eyes this time, "Just- go activate the reactor so we can get some proper light in this building before it gets any later."

"Yes, ma'am," Tony smirked, pressing a kiss to her cheek and Lennon's forehead before leaving the go do so.

Lennon smiled at the couple, finding herself grow nervous for the first time looking up at the older woman, "Pepper?"