FORTY THREE

"Lennon?"

"Lennon?"

"Lennon!"

"Huh? What?"

"It's your turn."

"What's wrong, honey?" Pepper asked, concern written all over her face.

"Nothing. Just tired," she smiled softly, rolling the dice and moving her piece so no one else could question her.

Game night at the Stark house wasn't going as great as it normally did.

Not only was Tony not there but Lennon was still in her head about everything that happened with a Peter. It sucked feeling like she had no one to talk to, even though her best friends and mother were right there. It just didn't feel right bringing their moods down over her little drama.

"Actually, I'm losing pretty bad here so would you guys mind if I just call it a night? I'm beat."

"Sure, sweetie. Are you feeling okay though? I could make you a tea or-"

"I'm fine mom, thanks," she smiled, "And good luck. Kick their asses."

"Haters are my motivators!"

Lennon only laughed at the couple as she made her way to her room, completely ready to just call it a night and stop thinking about Peter and whatever they were going through.

But she was surprised to see a shadow of a person in her room. And while she should've been scared, she knew there were only two people who could get into the Stark home without being detected.

And since it definitely wasn't Peter, that only left one other option.

"Natasha."

"Hey, Lenn."

"What are you doing here?" she immediately backed up, much to Natasha's dismay.

"I... I missed you a lot, kid. I really wanted to see you."

Lennon slowly nodded, "But does um... does dad know you're here? Cause I'm not sure he'd like it-"

"He knows," she cut her off, "And he was okay with it... as long as you were."

"I..."

"I understand if you hate me," Natasha frowned, "I completely get it but-"

"That's the thing. I don't hate you," Lennon sighed as she went to sit on her bed, "I hate that you betrayed my father. But I don't hate you."

"Good," Natasha smiled softly as she joined her, "Cause I don't know what I'd do if you hated me."

"Well... luckily you'll never find out... unless you physically hurt my dad, mom or sister in anyway. Because they are definitely off limits-"

"Don't worry. I won't be hurting any of Stark bloodline," she laughed

Lennon nodded when there was a silence between them. Because while that small moment of joking around was fun, they really couldn't ignore the elephant of the room.