EIGHTY SEVEN

Lennon was the first to make it on the roof, quick to run to Peter and pull him into a hug

He only cried in her arms, making her sigh worriedly as she ran her fingers through his hair, hoping to both let him get everything out but calm him down at the same time.

She just wanted to be there for him in anyway that she could.

"She's dead," he sobbed, "M-May. She... he killed her."

"I'm so sorry, Pete," she sighed, pulling him in closer, scared of letting him go now. Ned and Michelle watched with a frown, quick to join once he continued to sob at the loss of his aunt.

"Th-thank you guys for coming," he whispered after a while when they pulled away, "Did you bring the box? We should honestly just push the button."

"What?" Ned asked wide-eyed, "We can't do that!"

"Did you not hear what I just said? May is dead!"

"But... but she still wouldn't have wanted to to give up, Peter," Michelle said slowly, not wanting to upset him.

"If I send them back now-"

"Then May would've died for nothing," Lennon sighed, "I'm sorry, Pete but I agree with MJ and Ned. She wouldn't have wanted you to just send them to their deaths. Even if they- I mean, she was the one to convince you to help, wasn't she?"

"I'm not sure she would've if she'd known what it led to."

"Oh cmon, you know May better than that. She still would've definitely convinced you to help."

"Well I don't care anymore," he wiped more tears that fell, "I don't care what she would've wanted. What I care about is that she's not here anymore and I will make him pay for what he did."

"By killing him? Pete, that's not you."

"How could I be? I lost May."

"You still have us," Michelle tried, "And we'll help you-"

"No. I don't want you anywhere near those guys. They're just going to hurt you too-"

"They won't. Because we have help now. And with their help we can definitely fix them and send them back-"

"Is no one listening to me?! I don't care about fixing them anymore!"

"You don't mean that."

Peter jumped at the sudden voice, immediately getting defensive- definitely tired of all the new people in his life.

"Who the hell are you two?"

"We're... you."

"From different universes," Michelle added.

"Peter. Meet Peter... and Peter."

"Hi."

"Listen, man. This pain you're feeling-"