FOUR

When Lennon first saw Tony working on his Iron Man suit, she thought she was still dreaming

Pepper, of course immediately tried to turn her around when she saw what he was doing but Lennon immediately ran towards him instead.

"I want one!"

Tony chuckled slightly, "You figure out how to make one kid and she's all yours."

"Don't tell her that!" Pepper scolded, already knowing Lennon and that she wouldn't rest until she figured it out.

It was too late though and the young girl already ran off to begin the planning.

For the whole day, she didn't want to tear her eyes away from her work of designing both her suit and her fathers.

But she knew she had to the second he arrived.

Lennon was never really a fan of Obadiah Stane.

From the very beginning Tony remembered clearly how hard Lennon cried when he first held her.

They thought it was just that she wasn't used to him but the second she was placed in Rhodey's arms, all the crying stopped.

He swore it was because Rhodey was always a baby person and Lennon secretly knew he was her godfather so Tony never thought of it again, even when the crying continued and only with Obadiah.

For some reason she just never warmed up to the older man, no matter how close he was to Tony- and how well he knew how to bribe her.

"Your favorite," he waved the open pizza box in front of her, "All the way from New York."

"Pepper says I'm not allowed to eat so late at night."

Pepper smiled proudly until Tony walked in.

"Stop talking nonsense, kiddo. Take a slice from uncle O and say thank you."

Lennon sighed quietly but obeyed her father, eating her slice slowly while she continued to color but still listening in on the 'adult conversation' happening just feet away from her.

She could tell the conversation was upsetting Tony but didn't say a thing- not until she knew the coast was clear.

The second he finally did leave, Lennon turned to her father, "You should make your suit red and yellow."

"Those seem like bland colors though, don't they?"

"You can do it like an engine red! Oh and gold!"

"Alright, don't go giving him ideas," Pepper immediately tried to whisk her away, not wanting her in any sort of danger- not that Tony would ever let that happen.

Lennon said nothing but handed over her completed drawing, making him shake his head with a smile.

"You're a little genius who can sing, draw and now design suits?! Lennon Stark you are going to have me running for my money in a couple years."