Chapter 5

𝑰 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒌 𝒎𝒆. 𝑺𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝒇𝒖𝒏 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆.

𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈, 𝐒𝐎 𝐖𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓, 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄. Who knows. Maybe she actually did get somewhere with that Daniel boy. So me and Charli just decide to stumble out of the bar, laughing our heads off at the stupidest things, having no idea where we're going. We laugh our heads off, too stupid and out-of-it to realize we're stumbling right into the street. Both of us scream at the same time, so I assume someone also grabs the back of her coat, pulling her back onto the sidewalk. We both swivel around to see a young man wearing a dark colored t-shirt and blue jeans, standing in the shadows, so we can't see his face. I can see that he smiles softly, though, because there is a little bit of light just on the very bottom bit of this face. And for some reason, that sweet smile seems strangely familiar. The man says in a soft voice, "You guys okay? You almost went into the street there." What about this young man seems so familiar? Was he someone I talked to in the bar, or what? Or have I just seen him on the street before?

I watch as Charli suddenly demands, her words slurring into each other, "What's your name, dude?!"

"If you'll excuse me," he says quietly. "I think you two should probably get home soon, don't you think? It's quite late by now, and you two seem pretty drunk. I've got to go now, too. I'm sorry. Got to run." 

The man tries to quickly walk away, but as he's turning, Charli grabs the back of his t-shirt, pulling him back towards her. "Oh, no you don't!" she says loudly, grinning. "You're cute, I think, and you're avoiding my question. What's your name? I think I might know you! Dude, just tell me, man."

"No, thank you," he says softly. "I'm sorry, miss, but I have really go to get go-" Suddenly, Charli pulls him fully into the light of the street on the sidewalk, and I'm pretty sure both our hearts stop at the same time. Our mouths drop open at the same time, too, I think.

Pedro González López. The real guy. Standing right in front of us. What the heck? Where did all this luck come from? Am I seeing things? Does he just look a lot like him? Or did the real Pedri literally just save our lives from being hit by a car, and then tried to get away, probably because he didn't want to deal with two drunk fangirls? Yes! That is exactly what just happened!

Oh my God, this is luckier than being born rich! This is the best thing since sliced bread! How is this happening? Sure, we're in Barcelona, but for this to happen to anyone, whether in Barcelona or not, takes great luck. Especially since we've only been in Barcelona a little under two weeks. My God! Me and Charli say at about the same time, a little too loudly, "Pedri?!"

"Shh, shhhh," he says quickly, stepping back into the shadowed part of the street.

But we follow him into the shadows. "Oh my God!" Charli says, hugging him tightly. "Can I have your number? I'm gonna kiss you!"

"Miss, stop it!" he suddenly says firmly, gently pushing her away. "You're drunk, and you need to get yourselves home. I can sign something for you and take a selfie if you really want, but that is about it, okay?"

"No, not okay!" Charli says, too loudly. "I wanna date you!"

"I'm sorry, but-" he begins, but at that moment, I exit my state of shock and suddenly blurt, "Is Gavi close?"

He looks over to me, eyebrows slightly furrowed, and simply shakes his head.

"Can I come home with you?" Charli says, going up close to him again.

"No, you can't. I'm sorry. Like I stated before, I really have got to go. I need sleep for training tomorrow."

"Beauty sleep," I say, and me and Charli burst out laughing at this. As we laugh, Charli catches Pedri trying to make his escape, and catches him again.

"I know you're stronger than me," she says. "By a long shot. But I also know you wouldn't hurt me, either. And I'm strong enough to hold onto you so that the only way to make me let go is to injure me."

"You two, I will call someone if you can't listen to me when I say I need to go."

"Who're you gonna call?" I grin. "Gavi?"

"No! I'll call someone with much greater authority than that to get you two away, alright? You need to let me leave, now. I helped you, but I've got to go, like, right n-"

"Pedri," an inquiring voice says from behind me. "What the heck is going on here? I thought you say'd you'd be here to meet me...?"

I turn around to see who it is, just as Pedri responds, "Gavi, just get going, alright? It'd be for the best."

I stare at Gavi, in real life, and I'm even more enchanted by him than Pedri. "Uh, hi," I say to him, trying to walk straight towards him.

He gives me nothing more than a slight glance and a nod, before saying, "Do you know this girl, Pedri?"

"No... I don't, actually," he says with a sigh in his voice. "But Gavi, don't do anything stupid to them. They're just a couple of drunk fans."

Gavi walks over to Charli, hands in the pockets of his sweatpants, saying casually, "Please get off of my teammate. We need to go home, me and him. So please get off of him."

"No," she grins. "Gavi."

"I will ask you one more time. Please get off of my teammate."

She grins. "Nope!"

I watch as Gavi takes out his cellphone, and from this view, I watch him dial 9-1-1 into the phone. "I just dialed 9-1-1, miss, and I won't hesitate to hit call. So please get off of my friend."

"No you didn't!" Charli says stupidly, and I say, louder, "Yes he did, Charli! Get the heck off of him!"

At this, Charli finally listens, and lets go. Gavi walks to his friend, gently slaps his shoulder, and whispers, "Let's get going, 'kay?"

Pedri nods, and we watch as our two idols walk away, just like that. What the heck are we doing? I run after them, almost tripping three times, before saying, "I won't grab onto any of you. Can I just get a picture with you guys? And can you please smile in it, too, and at least pretend you love your fans always crawling all over you all the time?"

The two glance at each other, Pedri mutters something, Gavi nods, and Pedri says, "Sure, I suppose."

So I end up getting a picture with my two idols on my cell phone, in which we're all smiling, even if theirs are fake smiles.

When I get home, I put the picture on Instagram, captioning it with 'A night in Barcelona.'

But I'm so pleased with myself as I drift off to sleep that night.

Because as we were taking the picture, I slipped a slip of paper into the pocket of Gavi's sweatpants.

A slip of paper with my phone number scribbled on it.

Me and Charli are two very lucky girls.