Chapter 116

~ Author's Note ~

OH MY GOODNESS GUYS 100K READS THIS IS LIKE ACTUALLY RLLY HUGE TYSM TYSM TYSM I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH Y'ALL ROCK. <3

𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒘𝒆'𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆. 𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎. 𝑩𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒆'𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒖𝒏. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆, 𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒄𝒊𝒓𝒄𝒖𝒎𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒅𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒅? 𝑾𝒆'𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒃𝒖𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆. 𝑵𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅. 𝑰𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆?

𝐈 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐃. The match is going to start in not too long, and we're making poor Antoine Griezmann help us out because we're lost. And it's super awkward. He doesn't seem to mind at all, and actually seems to be in quite a cheerful mood as he walks long next to me, seeming quite unbothered. Still, though, this doesn't lower my guilt one bit.

Antoine Griezmann also doesn't seem to be feeling awkward at all. He's walking in this place like he knows it as well as the back of his hand, which honestly doesn't surprise me, when I think about how many times he's probably walked these halls within the last two years, and even before that, before he joined Barcelona. He's not talking- none of us are. I find this very awkward, and Sira is avoiding looking at anything but the hallway ahead. But Antoine Griezmann obviously doesn't mind the lingering silence.

Suddenly I jump, because my phone rings again. I had completely forgotten about that phone call, because of the whole whirlwind of meeting Antoine Griezmann and being too frozen and nervous and awkward to say anything or ask any questions. I take out my phone, and I'm surprised, although I shouldn't be, to see that Pablo is calling me. I quickly glance to Griezmann nervously, hoping he didn't see my phone screen. I mean, I don't think he'd be the kind of person to snitch and tell the media, but still, you never know. I don't know him personally.

When I glance to him, he obviously feels my eyes on him, along with the ringing of my cell phone, and his eyes meet mine.

My breath catches in my throat and I say awkwardly, kind of just getting it out, "Sorry, I've got to take this call..." I blurt.

He smiles and nods, saying, "That's fine."

I answer the phone, pushing it to my ear, saying, "Hello?"

"Love, where are you?" Gavi exclaims on the other end, which makes me jump. 

"I'm in the Metropolitano. And quiet your voice down; there's no need to be so exclamatory." At this comment, I see Sira chuckle in the corner of my eye.

"Where in the Metropolitano? I haven't seen you since training."

"Well, yeah, that makes sense, because I haven't see you either. We're just, uh... getting to our seats."

"You weren't by the ticket booth."

"You went by the ticket booth in the front of the stadium?!"

"Yeah, it was fine. Signed a few fans' stuff and hightailed it out of there when I saw you weren't there. Now tell me why I haven't seen you."

I sigh, figuring I better just be honest with him. "Me and Sira got completely lost. But I think I should be the concerned one here. Why were you looking for me?"

"I couldn't find you!"

"I know, love, I know. Why were you looking for me in the first place?"

"Oh..." he says, his voice trailing off. "I don't know... I, uh, I don't know. I guess I just wanted to see you before the match. You know. I still do. Too late now, though. I just wanted to give you a hug and listen to you tell me good luck out there or something. That's it. Nothing's wrong. But obviously something is going wrong with you, since you just said you and Sira are completely lost! How did you get lost? You need to watch us play. You've got to see me. And I guess Sira has to see Ferran, right? Are you still lost? Of course you are... How are you going to get un-lost?"

I can't help but smile at his sweet, sincere, honest, and overly serious tones. I really do love him so much, with my whole heart. He's such a sweetheart sometimes. Now, though, I realise I'm going to have to answer his question, and I sigh, responding vaguely, "There's someone... uh... working for Atletico who is helping us help."

At this, Antoine Griezmann chuckles, and says, "Don't want to tell this person who you're with?"

I kind of want to deck his face, but obviously I won't, because he's Antoine Griezmann, and he's basically the saviour of me and Sira right now anyway. But I want to deck him, because just as I suspected, Gavi's voice fills with alarm and concern as he says over the phone, "Who is that you're with? A man? Why don't you want to tell me who? Ember, is he dangerous? Who is it? You can tell me. Are you safe?"

I sigh, glancing at Griezmann, the legend, in annoyance, but I can't help but smile as I respond to Pablo, "Love, I'm fine. The man who is helping us become un-lost is a very kind person who has given up his precious time to help us get out of the pit we've dug for ourselves and fallen into."

"What's the whole I-Know-Something-That-You-Don't tone of voice for?" Pablo grumbles at me. "Just tell me who you're with! I want to know who this nice kind man is! This Atletico Madrid worker! Don't tell me it's a player. It better not be... like, I don't know, Pablo Barrios or something."

"Why would you be specifically annoyed if it were him?" I ask in confusion, eyebrows furrowed. "Have you got something against the poor guy?"

"Wait, are you with him?" his voice sounds very alarmed, and suddenly it hits me what other emotion is in his voice. And I understand.

He's jealous. The first young guy in Atleti he thought of was Pablo Barrios, and here he is, getting all worried.

No, no, no, don't worry, love. Neither me or Sira are going to fall in love with Antoine Griezmann; you can relax.

"I'm not with Pablo Barrios. Don't worry, you're the only Pablo who my heart belongs to, love. But it is an Atletico player who is guiding us out of here. And it's..." I falter, before saying, interested to hear his reaction at this, "Antoine Griezmann."