Chapter 82

~ Author's Note ~

guys look at my handsome bf

𝑶𝒉, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆!

𝐈 𝐏𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐁𝐈𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐒. Over it, I just wear a pair of black exercise shorts with white stripes on the side, not minding walking around in just that and a bikini top. I come back to camp, with my waterproof makeup done up with simple sparkling brown-gold eye shadow, black mascara, and a bit of brown eyeliner to top it off.

Back at the camp, I'm surprised to see only Eric sitting by the fire, zoned out on his phone. "Hey, Eric," I say, plopping down next to him, giving another kiss on the cheek. "Where'd everyone go?"

"They went to the pool to start setting up for Gavi and Pedri's return. I said I'd stay back here and wait for you to finish getting ready, and bring you to the pool."

"Oh, okay," I nod with a smile.

He stands up, and we start walking. He's wearing a plain white t-shirt and black swim trunks. As we walk, he says, sounding lighthearted, "You better stop doing that, you know."

"Doing what?" I ask in confusion.

"Kissing me on the cheek. Leaning on Pedri. You've got your own guy to do all that to now."

"But I love you and Pedri as brothers. If Gavi ever got jealous, I'd explain that to him, and if he was still reluctant to believe me, I'd beat it into his thick head until he finally just first-nature believed me."

Eric chuckles at this, saying, "That's funny. Well, if that's how you roll, alright, then."

"Eric," I say.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks a lot for standing up for me and Gavi's relationship. It means a lot to me. It really does. I have a lot of respect for you."

He nods and replies with a very simple, "Of course, Ember. Always. I'd stand up for Ferran, too, if someone was going against him behind his back, despite he's prone to it, because that's what friends are for."

I laugh a bit, saying, "You sound like one of those anti-bullying videos they used to play in middle school."

He snorts, saying, "I guess I gave into the propaganda those videos preached, then."

"Yeah, I guess so. At least those videos preached good propaganda, then, huh?"

"Yeah, good thing," he chuckles.

I love Gavi, obviously, with my whole heart, and only Eric as a friend or even maybe a brother, if I become closer friends with him. So I really do see him like more of a brother figure, so I don't mean anything off when I say this, but it's true, and it's this:

I'm honestly really surprised Eric Garcia doesn't have a girlfriend.

He's handsome, and he's got a personality of gold, at least it seems.

We walk the rest of the way in silence, before we finally make it to the pool, where everyone is getting ready for the idiotic surprise of Pedri.

It's so freaking stupid; I love it.

We all set up balloons and gifts and what not, and then basically sit around, waiting for the text from Gavi saying that they're almost there.

While we sit, I think back to the shopping day with Gavi when we bought our gifts for Pedri.

We were at the mall, just about a week ago, doing that, and we were walking hand in hand, looking for whatever he would like. Gavi dragged us into a sporting goods store, saying that we were likely to find something there, which made sense to me.

As we walked, I remember he kept gently rubbing my fingers in his hand as I rambled on about... something?

He was rambling about some training activity they did, I think, and he was adorable. Smiling and laughing and going on about all these different things, just talking his little heart out, clutching my hand in his as he dragged me through a sports store was surprisingly a wonderful experience.

I just loved to hear him going on and on about the things he cared about. I asked him questions, just to keep his lovely voice along with it's laughter going and flowing, loving every second.

Gavi ended up getting him a huge box of energy drinks he apparently 'is completely addicted to', as my boyfriend put it with a happy laugh, a (really expensive and high quality) new football, a pair of super skinny jeans as a (half) joke, some cologne, and a (again, super expensive) new belt.

He spent a lot of time and energy that day, but he was so vibrant that day, and I love thinking back to that memory.

I found a pair of boots in a specifically football store, and I called Gavi over, saying, "C'mere, love."

He walked over, leaning his hand on the shelf, looking at me. "Yeah?"

I held up the boots. "Pedri never shuts up about these. Right?"

Gavi's eyes popped out of his head, and he said, "My God, Ember, how did you find these?!"

I shrug. "Just did. These are the ones, right?"

"Sure are!" he grinned, and kissed me on the cheek, just because he was in a cheek-kissing mood that day. He was in a sweet mood that day.

"Alright, then I'm getting these for him."

At the register, Gavi was literally about to pay for the boots, and I pushed his hand away, saying, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, babe, slow down. I'm not gonna let you pay for a gift that I'm giving to Pe- Pedro." I remember glancing at the guy behind the register nervously, who was completely zoned out.

"'Kay. You sure?"

"Never been more sure," I said, taking the money from my pocket and giving it to the man.

"Suit yourself, then," he chuckled, with a shrug.

Then we walked out of there, hands still together like they were at the beginning.

Gavi held all the bags, only because he insisted on it.

Then he took me out for dinner, and we did nothing but talk and hold hands, and God, did I love it so much.

"What are you smiling all dreamy about?" Eric asks, and I'm suddenly back into reality.

I stifle a giggle, for some unknown reason, and mutter, "Ah, nothing, Eric. Nothin' at all."