Chapter 77

~ Author's Note ~

First thing:

Readers, I love you so darn much. Like, I wake up early before I got to go to write and publish a chapter and I'm freaking tired but it's fine and then I leave and come back home and watch the Clasico on demand and rage about it and then go to the freaking Maundy Thursday service and then I come back home and guess what?

I'm greeted with notifications of all of you all giving me comments of how much you enjoy my chapters and how you're so excited for my next update!!!

I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH THAT MATTERS TO ME. THANK. YOU. SO. MUCH.

Yeah, I even took out Caps Lock for that.

Also, one more thing. I know that in a past chapter I spoke about Ember having Gavi's number 6 jersey and Gavi wearing 6 etc. etc.

Well, wow, look at that, he's no. 30 again.

So for the sake of the story, we're just gonna say that the jersey that Ember owns with Gavi's signature on it is his number 30, not his number 6.

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆.
𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒚...

𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐆𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓, 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐀 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐎 '𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄', 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐒 𝐈𝐓. I tell him to cool down and have some fun. We are, after all, still teenagers, I say, so why shouldn't we act like it every so often?

Alarcon says, "Alright. Which is a lie? My comfort food is chicken pot pie. My favorite food to make is microwavable ramen. My most prized possession is my first football I got when I was four."

"Anyone else find it funny that two thirds of those things are based upon food?" Pedri teases.

"Hey-" Alarcon starts, but is interrupted by Dembele saying bluntly, "The lie is the one about chicken pot pie."

Alarcon grins. "Nope! I get to keep my candy!"

"Seriously?!" Dembele exclaims. "Then which one is the lie?!"

"The football one. Okay, Dembele, you're turn," Alarcon says as Ansu scolds him for trying to eat his candy before the game is over.

"Alright. Here are my three: Antoine is one of my close friends. Kyril is a close friend. Sergio is a close friend."

"You say this as if we just know who Kyril and Sergio are. I mean, obviously we know you're talking about Antoine Griezmann, and we know that it's true that you two are friends..."

Ferran laughs, "Jules, you look scarred. You getting French dressing room PTSD flashbacks over there?"

Kounde shakes his head. "Basically. Antoine is usually pretty normal, until Ousmane comes around. We like to called it the Dembele Effect. The funny thing is, only Antoine seems to be affected by the Dembele Effect. No one else. Except maybe Lucas every so often, but barely ever. That's very rare. Mostly just Antoine."

Dembele starts laughing his head off at this comment.

"What is it?" I ask in confusion.

"Don't even ask that," Eric answers. "You'll be tainted if you hear what goes on in the French locker rooms."