Chapter 54

~ Author's Note ~

I am so good at procrastinating.

Also, I was thinking: Asensio definitely wouldn't look bad wearing the Barcelona stripes.......

Just saying.

𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒂𝒚. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒖𝒎𝒑𝒔 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒔𝒂𝒚, "𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚." 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒑𝒊𝒅 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒆.

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐘 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈. It's a strange feeling, to see Charli cheering Gavi, Pedri, Dembele, and all the guys on, as just a fan, while I secretly know Dembele, am close with Pedri, and am really close with Gavi. I guess I should, though, also, be seeing this as just a fan. If it weren't for that one night, when we met each other on that quiet street. That one night when I ran into way more luck than I deserve. I really don't deserve to have run into the most perfect boy on earth. Well, despite it all, I still did. And here I am.

When Gavi makes the first goal in the thirteenth minute, and I scream, without thinking, at seeing the beautiful skill of my wonderful boyfriend, "Oh my God, yes, Gavi! You're so awesome!" I give him a heart with my hands through the screen, hoping that he knows I'm watching him right now. I watch him as all his teammates, like Ansu, Araujo, and De Jong, all throw themselves on him, hugging him, as he has made the first goal. "I love you so freaking much, Gavi..." I sigh quietly.

Charli hears me, though, and she grins, saying, "Yeah, look at him...! I love you, Gavi!" She laughs, also making a heart with her hands at the television.

Everything she sees is through the eyes of a fan. Everything I see is through the eyes of a girlfriend. It's definitely weird, watching this Barcelona game with Charli.

By the end of the match, the score is 1-3; Barcelona wins, naturally. The two other goals are made my Kounde, which is awesome, and Busquets. The goal made by Elche was from Lucas Boye or something. I really don't care much about Elche, honestly. As the match is ending, they focus on my boyfriend with their camera, and I watch him run a hand through his tousled brown hair. His face is shiny from sweat, and his cheeks are a little pink. And God, is he hot. I feel my face heat up, and my whole body tense and tighten, and I'm sure my friends see me getting red. I watch as he walks off the pitch, laughing a bit as he drinks from his water bottle and listens to whatever Alonso is saying to him.

My God, I love this man.

"Em!" Aggie suddenly says, looking at me with wide eyes. "Are you okay?! You sick or something? Your face is bright red!"

"Oh, is it?" I chuckle, still staring at him on the screen. "That's funny... I wonder why."

"Em!" Charli exclaims suddenly, laughing. "I know why you're red! You think Gavi's freaking hot, don't you...? Come on now, Ember. You have a boyfriend. You better not tell him you have a huge crush on a freaking football player!"

"Oh, shut up, Charli," I mutter softly, deciding to not say much in response.

"Em, you seriously are so red, though..." Aggie says doubtfully. "Charli, it can't be only because of Gavi, for God's sake. That's not like Em... is it, Em?"

I shrug, muttering softly again with a very slight shrug, "Maybe it's like me..."

"My God, Em!" Charli starts cracking up. "Over a footballer! A football player. Come on, now. Pull yourself together!" Man, if she only knew the truth, she'd totally understand why I think he looks so freaking hot there on the screen. She'd get it. Unfortunately, though, I'd never let her understand. And I never want her to, because of both me and Gavi's sakes. But mostly just Gavi's sake and request, if I'm being honest.

I don't respond, and just shift, trying to force the very sudden feelings of desire in me to die down, and not succeeding at all.

"Em, how are you this turned on by a freaking camera angle of freaking Pablo Gavi on the television screen?!" Charli exclaims. I can tell they're both very surprised by my reaction. Out of the three of us, I'm probably the least likely to get like this by a football player simply coming on screen.

And to them, all this is is a footballer coming on screen. It's nothing more than that. To them. So that's why my reaction is so surprising.

But even I'm a little surprised by my reaction, too. Just somewhat. I never did expect myself to love my boyfriend, Gavi, this freaking much, that I would get this turned on by simply seeing him sweaty and tired and ugh on a telly screen!

To be honest, I just want to be in the same freaking bed as him right now, no clothing.

Yeah, I said it.

In the image in my head, there's nothing innocent going on between the two of us. Well, that's what I want right fricking now.

Because, God, he's the hottest man on earth, and I miss him so much, and just with all the circumstances right now, that's what I want. I want to be with him just like that. 

Unfortunately, I am fully aware that our relationship isn't even close to being that advanced yet. It just is in my head, I guess. The one thing that I'm worried for is that he'll never be ready for that. I mean, I remember how shy he was about simply massaging my thighs. It's weird to think about, but I wouldn't be surprised if I learned my boyfriend is a virgin.

I love him too much for any of this to be a big enough problem. It's just a little thing eating at my own dirty, selfish, silly desires. In fact, there's nothing wrong with him.

I think it's me with the problem, that I would get so much like this, at simply a view of him on a freaking telly screen during a football match.

Yeah, definitely me with the problems.

Never him.