Chapter 125

~ Author's Note ~

I was just as ticked off during that Getafe match as Raphinha, Pedri, and Gavi were.

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑰 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒖𝒑. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒎𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒖𝒑.

"𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐈 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐅𝐔𝐋." Pablo says with a shrug as he hands me the little card.

I read the much shorter bit out loud, "'My love, you are everything to me. I love getting lost in your beautiful dark eyes. I honestly never really thought I could ever have this kind of love. But then I met you. When I met you, it's like everything changed. I hate to let you down, because your contentment is one of the most important things to me. Baby, my princess, my everything, merry Christmas. All my love, Pablo.'" By the time I'm finished, I'm covering my mouth, and I mutter, "God, Pablo, you're going to make me cry with this, in front of everyone."

He wraps me in a strong hug, and I rest my head on his shoulder, saying in annoyance, "Ugh, Pablo, now my makeup is going to be messed up..."

"Do you think anyone here cares? You're beautiful no matter what, love, anyway. This has already been established. Come on, that card you gave me was much sweeter," he says, kissing my cheek.

"Not really," I shrug, shaking my head.

"Think what you want to," says my boyfriend. "Anyway, look at the present I gave you. I think you'll love it, sweetheart."

I nod, and start emptying the gift bag he has placed on my lap. With every present I pull out, my strong lovely feelings towards Pablo grow more and more. A book I have mentioned wanting to read for a while. A really nice little bag of makeup. A comfy sweater. A nice leather journal. Some matching rings. A gift card to a spa. Some perfume.  "My God, Pablo..." I say, in pretty much awe. "What the hell is all this...? You're so sweet... How much did this cost you...?"

"Oh, come on, love. That doesn't matter," he rolls his eyes with a little grumble.

"Well thank you so much... God, I better not cry again," I say with a sigh, trying to blink the tears away. I give him a quick kiss, saying softly, "Sorry my gifts sucked."

"They didn't suck. I love those sunglasses, love. You know I'm going to be wearing them all the time. And I was running out of shampoo." He winks.

The night goes on, but after a while, the talk of finally going to bed increases, and Pablo says, "I think we better not drive home. I'm super tired, and I'm sure Ember is, too. Can we just stay here for the night?"

"I thought that was the plan all along," chuckles Pablo's father. "Of course."

"So, do you two need... Does Ember need a guest bedroom for tonight or not...?" asks Pablo's mother, and although it really shouldn't, this question makes me feel embarrassed as her son, my boyfriend, casually responds with, "No, it's fine, Mama. Can Ember just borrow some of your clothes, Aurora?"

"I feel so bad for this..." I mutter, but the whole giving family just flat out ignores that comment of mine.

"Sure, that's fine," she nods, and just like that, everyone gets up, so I get up, too.