Chapter 94

~ Author's Note ~

WHOA GRIZI JUMP SCARE

I think he looks like an android there.

Anyway this isn't about Grizi it's about Gavi back to Gavi.

warning : censored swearing

𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒑, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐂 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 '𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃'. Leo asked to come over, saying his parents said he could, right before we were gonna go, so I made everyone hold back until he got there and met all the players that were there. He looked like it was Christmas morning. Enough to warm anyone's heart.

Before we left, I asked him how his cut was. He said, "It's good, but there is one problem! You never kissed it better."

So that is when I leaned down and kissed his bandaged arm, saying, "All better?"

He gave me the cutest, most golden grin, showing off the gaps in his teeth from where he lost some teeth.

So it was very 'good'.

I walk into my apartment the afternoon of the 26, and sigh in annoyance as the first thing I'm greeted with is Charli saying, "Where the hell have you been? Going off with Cris?"

Oh, thank God there hasn't been anything seeping into the news about us yet. I still have a couple days to prepare for admitting to them.

A few days.

The stress is killing me.

"Camping with Cris," I say, walking past her, not making eye contact.

"I don't know what Cris is doing to you, but you always seem like you're in the most foul mood. What happened to my Em?" Charli calls after me.

"Love has happened to your Em, and I like it better this way," I say, shutting my bedroom door behind me in annoyance.

So aggravating.

Leave me f***ing alone, lady.

The next week, I get another job. It's quite awful and pathetic, but I work during the night. Which means more time with my man. Well, my new job is a cashier in a dingy 7/11. So that great. Really makes me feel brilliant. Just so successful.

Remember how I mentioned that I am scared of failure?

Hahahaha.

Another great thing about this job is that since it is at night, it is all the more reason not to go out to the bar with Aggie and Charli, who are desperately trying to connect with me. I know I'm being awful. I know I just need to tell them. I don't know what is wrong with me. I just need to spit it out before they find out on their own. I'm surprised they haven't found it. Sends shivers down my spine whenever I imagine them approaching me in shock, wondering about some photo of me and Pablo Gavi holding hands that hopefully doesn't exist on the internet.

Since I can never, ever get my way, on the second night after I get this hellish night shift, right as I'm about to head out, I get a call from Pablo. I go outside, picking up, saying with a sigh, "What's up, babe?"

"Me and Pedri and I think maybe a few other guys are going out to the bar tonight. I don't know how I'm letting Pedri make me do this. I was just gonna leave pretty early, but... I'd like to have a night with you. And I know you like the bar. You like partying. Wanna go out with us?"

"Ugh," I groan. "Oh my f***ing God!"

"What's wrong?"

"I just got a new damned job- a night shift. Because I thought then maybe we could spend more time during the day together! Pablo..." I sigh, kind of whiny, and that annoys me. Whining is annoying. When did I start whining?

"Oh... It's okay, then, you don't have to co-"

"I wanna come with you!"

"I know, but you've got work-"

"I've got an idea, love. Bye. I'll call you when I want you to pick me up."

"Ember, whatever you're doing is a terrible idea! Please don't loose your jo-"

"I won't! Bye, love you!" I hang up on him before he can return the words. A guy at work yesterday when I met him said I was cute. I flipped him off and said I'm taken. He rolled his eyes and said he'd take a feisty girl like me. I told him to f*** off. He told me we could date when my boyfriend broke up with me. I said no thanks, and he said he'd be the kind of guy who would do anything for me.

I sure hope he's the kind of guy to do anything for me.

I dig in my purse until I find the slip of paper that I stuffed in it that he wrote his number on and dial it into my phone, praying that the idiot will pick up.

The idiot picks up, saying in a tired voice, "Hey? Who the f*** is this?"

"Ember, the girl you flirted with yesterday. Your co-worker."

"Oh, it's f***ing you! Hey, so your man broke up with you?"

"No, not really, but I have an idea, love."

"Love?"

"Yeah. I'll sleep with you if just this night you work my shift for me. Obviously we'll keep it from my boyfriend we sleep together. Just a night. Deal?" Obviously, I won't be sleeping with him. I just simply won't and if this dude decides to try anything, I'll call for help and make sure he gets in trouble for it.

"Seriously?" he laughs, sounding really stupid at my obvious trick.

"Totally."

"Alright, then I'll do it for you."

"Thanks... sorry, what is your name?"

"Mario."

"Thanks, Mario."

"Always," he says, sounding super perverted, because he is super perverted.

I hang up on him and go back up to my room to put on something other than my dingy work outfit. I put on a black mostly mesh shirt (except for the chest area) with a very low V neck, blue ripped jeans, and a big, thick black belt with gold round buckles. My necklace and my bracelet are both very easily seen and look wonderful with the outfit.

So I call Gavi.