Chapter 110

~ Author's Note ~

I'm so happy Pedri played again!! He's so freaking handsome and wonderful and talented and lovely and totally my crush and I nearly forgot. I'm so happy to have him back, at least for the last few games left in the 2022/23 season!!! Love you, Pedri.

I love Ferran too for that absolutely BEAUTIFUL goal.

I love Griezmann for his talent and the amazing way he played and for being one of the best players in all of La Liga. If not the best.

I also love Gavi, so let's get back to the story about him <33

Also, I'm aware that the games, according to the time this all takes place, are not accurate. I'm not trying to make them. That's too much work, so just let me take some creative license and do what I want and just enjoy the story. Also, please don't mistake the match that is going to take place for the Atletico de Madrid match Barca just played, because I'm not trying to make them similar or even trying to compare them. Again, just enjoy it when it comes. I just want to write an Atleti match because they just played a match. It's the only reason why I chose Atletico.

Okay, well, that and that Atletico is my favorite Madrid team, but mostly just the first reason.

𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆.

"𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏. Just run in and pack a bag of what you'll need for Madrid quickly and run back out. I'll be here waiting for you. They probably won't even know when you're in and out."

I sigh, shaking my head. "Pablo, I don't want t-"

"Well, do you want me to go in there and grab my stuff? Because I don't know if your friends would appreciate waking up in the middle of the night to piss and seeing Pablo Gavi casually in their apartment!"

I sigh again, shifting.

"Come on, just run in and do it. Then we can go home and I'll cuddle you 'til you have the sweetest of dreams."

For some reason, this promise of what is ahead of us convinces me to finally get out of the car to run to the apartment to pack a suitcase for Madrid and come back out. I pack my things as quickly as I can, meaning that I pack as little as possible. I'm so glad that Pablo was right in the fact that both Charli and Aggie are asleep now.

Charli. I've always called her Charli. She's always called me Em. But then she switched to calling me Ember, almost as if to prove her anger. How much she's done with me. Should I call her Charlotte now...?

I open the door to the back seat of Pablo's car and put my suitcase back there after I've gone in and packed, and then slip into the passenger's seat next to him. "That wasn't so bad, was it?" he smiles.

"Stop always being right," I roll my eyes. "They were asleep."

"Told you!" he grins, but then, just for a short moment, sets his hand on my upper thigh, giving me a small rub. "I love you," he mutters, softer, and I love the emotion he sometimes speaks to me with.

And then he slips his hand away and gets driving home.

I wake up the next morning by the feeling of Pablo playing with my hair. I shift a bit, rolling over so I'm facing him. "What're you doing?" I ask. I still have morning groggy voice, but he, of course, doesn't mind. He couldn't care less. He loves me the same at my best and at my worst.

"I dunno," he shrugs, taking his hand away and sitting up. "Nothing much. It's good you woke up now, otherwise I'd have to wake you up. We got to get ready now. Soon we have to go. I'll give you your ticket to get on the other car, because I don't think Xavi would be very happy with me if I let you sit in our car. But we'll be on the same train. I gotta meet with my teammates though before we get on the train and stuff, so yeah. Got to leave early. When we get there, we've got to train at the Metropolitano."

I stare at him. "It's an Atletico de Madrid game?!"

"Yeah," he shrugs.

"How are you so casual about playing Atletico de Madrid?"

His eyebrows furrow. "I don't know."

"They're good, Pablo! I thought it was gonna be like a Rayo or a Getafe match!"

He snorts. "Jeez, sorry. Are you some secret Atleti supporter? You seem very upset about this." I know he's just teasing me because of the smirk on his face.

"No, I'm not. I'm just saying they're a good team!"

"Sure, but we're better."

"Pablo."

"We are. Look at the standings table and tell me otherwise."

"They could still beat you! Aren't you more worried about playing Atletico de Madrid?"

"Not at all," he grins. "I'm excited. They're a good opponent. It'll be fun. I like Atletico de Madrid because they're always a challenge and we always win." He sits up, slipping off the bed. "But worried? No, never worried. Especially not about some random league Atletico de Madrid match. Just excited."

I look at him for a few seconds, and then feel myself smile. I just can't help it. I even laugh a bit. I love him! Just the way he seems to think! I love the way he thinks. What a perfect attitude he has about it.

Okay, maybe it's a bit cocky when he says 'we always win', but he points out they're a challenge. I just think I really love that.

"What are you smiling about? Excited to get Morata's autograph?" he teases.

"Shut up," I grin. "You're not funny at all. I'm gonna go shower!" I hope up off the bed after him, grab my clothes and soaps, and go to the bathroom, where I grab a towel and get in the shower, thinking about how amazing he is.

And then my stupid fan girl side kicks in, and I think, Wait, could I really get Morata's autograph?!