Chapter 56

𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒂. 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒉, 𝒍𝒂, 𝒍𝒂, 𝒍𝒂. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆.

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓. I can't wait to see him... I can't wait. It's been a little over a month since I've felt his touch, smelled his smell. This house isn't him, and so I need him.

I turn on the telly, watching the stupid commentators talk about Barcelona's game. An hour passes, and I'm starting to get worried. Where on earth could he b-

Suddenly, I hear the front door open slowly from the other room, and I leap up at the sound of my lovely's voice calling, "...Ember...?"

I run to the front door, and I see him, standing there, and I run straight into his arms. He drops his bags to hold me in an embrace, and I remember his feeling, his smell. One of his arms in around my upper back, while the other is around my lower back, and his head is leaned down on the top of my shoulder, his head turned so that his lips are against my neck, which he kisses. This hug is so tight, and I hug him back, and there's so much love, and, my God, Gavi makes me weak in the knees. This is just all the more reason to lean into him.

"My God, Ember," he whispers, just to me, so quietly, so emotionally, but I don't even think God can hear, "how do you do this to me...? How? All I thought about you was you, missing you, Ember. I missed you so damn much, Ember. So damn much."

I lean into him even more, muttering, "I missed you too, Gavi... I love this..."

"Me too," he mutters. "Me too..." Suddenly, those loverly lips are against mine once again, and this is the best kiss. Better than our first, and better than the ones in between. This is the best one. So much emotion and love, I think I might just drown in it.

Without separating our lips, he leads me to the sofa, pushing against me, his body against mine, and we drop onto the sofa next to each other, and my heart is pounding everywhere, and I'm sweaty, and I need what I want. We lay next to each other on the wide, comfortable sofa, and his tongue is in my mouth all the sudden, and he's better than any other kiss. Not because he's a very good kisser, because I've kissed guys who are better at kissing than him, but because it's him, and all the love he projects through this kiss into my mouth, all the longing, and all the yearning, and all the...

All the love.

His hands are on my thighs now, and this is so different than that night when he was acting so embarrassed and shy like a little schoolboy.

And I understand.

His love, his want, the obsession he shares, the missing, all of that has overcome, at least in this moment, all that embarrassment. In this moment, he loves he so much, he can't even remember embarrassment. It doesn't even exist to him.

Finally, at the perfect moment, with the perfect timing, although I never wanted it to end, he pulls his tongue out of my mouth and leans away, but keeps his hands where they are. He looks at me with those eyes... Dreamy eyes...

He slips his hands away from my thighs, back to himself, then places them on my cheeks, muttering, "That didn't... I'm sorry, Ember." This greatly surprises me, but before I can express that, he continues talking. "To just come home, say nothing to you, and just do that. I just... Really missed you. I promise our relationship won't just be that sort of stuff. We talk to each other. Love goes beyond what I just did. I did that because of what it goes beyond to. Love is your personality, our time together, the gifts I can give you, but because I had to give up those things when I was away, the way to make it up for me was that. I'm sorry..."

I stare at him, completely astonished by my boyfriend's words. "Pablo, don't apologize! Don't you realise how much I love, cherish those moments, love?"

He studies me, face hard to read for a few seconds, before his eyes go soft, and he gently smiles, so soft, so beautiful, so loving. "I do too, Ember. I do, too." He touches his nose to mine, and snuggles in closer to me, and we fit perfectly once again, like we should, like two pieces in a puzzle. His eyes slowly flutter shut, a smile on his face, and he says, "It's okay if I just fall asleep right here? It was a long, tiring day for me."

"Oh, Pablo, of course it's fine. It's more than fine. It's perfect."

And so he does, and against me like this, so content, so warm, so wonderful, he goes to sleep in a matter of minutes. It takes me a little longer to drift off to sleep, but not too long. And it's okay, laying there, awake, against my sleeping boyfriend, for a little while, because although I'm not asleep, I'm dreaming the same sweet dreams his smiling face proves are going through his head.

Dreams of love. Against each other, forever. Walking hand-in-hand into a sunset. Tanning on a quite beach together. Laughing, dancing, and drunk at a lit up bar. Making out in his car on a dark, lonely country road. Seeing wonderful things in the world, together. Playing football together, then soaking in his pool, before relaxing on the lawn chairs with cold drinks.

Feeling his hands all over me, longing for the day when I can say he's touched every single part of me. Feeling the breath of a whisper of love in my ear. His hand through my hair as he sips on my lips. All the sudden, me, who has always been opposed to settling down, family life, and love, considers those things, with this boy, to seem like complete heaven.