Chapter 53

~ Author's Note ~

Guysss

Okay, so I am just going to ramble a bit here.

I AM OVERFLOWING WITH FAN FICTION IDEAS BUT I CAN NOT START ANOTHER ONE UNTIL I END AT LEAST ONE OF THEM BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE 5 GOING, WHICH IS WAY TOO MUCH, AND I ALREADY GET THEM MIXED UP TO BEGIN WITH !!!

girlS.

So, even though I likely never will even get to these fan fictions, I will just share my ideas with you guys because, you know, why not?

(Not me trying to use up word count because this is going to be a short chapterrr)

Here are my ideas. 

I have got one for a Pedri & Gavi fanfic. My idea is that basically main character is just kind of like some chill girl, you know, and she's, like Ansu's or Ferran's or Eric's sister or something. -------- And then both Gavi and Pedri fall in love with her.
So that is my idea for that one.

Another idea is one that I am pretty sure no one would read, but that's a-okay, because I just write because I like to, and  would want to write this one. Even if no one read it. And it is one about FERRANNNNN! Because I love Ferran. And have SO MANY ideas for writing a Ferran fan fiction. And I have seen no Ferran fan fictions on Wattpad. So, like, it is just another reason for me to feel obliged to write one myself, thanks.

My third idea is just Barcelona imagines. That is literally it.

Also, one more message: At the beginning of the chapters recently, I've been putting lyrics. If any of you see the lyrics and wonder what song it's from, just comment and ask, and I'll be sure to drop a link for ya. 👍👍👍

We should be getting back to the story now anyway, shouldn't we?

Enjoy!

𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒚𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇. 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒏. 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏. 𝑰𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅. 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒈𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅. 𝑶𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝑮𝒐𝒅, 𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰'𝒎 𝒅𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈! 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 "𝑯𝒆𝒚," 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅, "𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐."

"𝐒𝐎, 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘?" Pablo asks me, which is pure proof that Pablo really doesn't pay attention to the group chat at all. Of course he doesn't. I shouldn't expect any more or less from Pablo Gavi.

I sigh, shaking my head regretfully. "I was at work. I would have loved to see the game. I did look up the match highlights, though, later on, and I saw you score in there. You were right where you needed to be, waiting for Lewy's assist. It was great, you wonder-kid."

This gets a sudden, unexpected sharp laughter flowing through lips, and his smile is golden. I love making him laugh. His whole face brightens, and he closes his eyes, leaning his head away, his mouth wrinkled up in a smile. He shakes his head, saying, "That's what news reporters like to call me, huh?"

" Oh yeah," I chuckle. I imitate the telly football commentators saying, "Here we have young Gavi. Very successful young man, even so early in his career. The Golden Boy. Yes, he's Barcelona's wonder-kid."

My imitations get him to laugh even harder, and I love it. Just in this moment, to see him so happy. So lighthearted, just because of the silly, senseless things I'm spurting out of my mouth. "My goodness, Ember," he sighs, still smiling a bit. "You're hilarious. They really say those sorts of things on television?"

"Yeah! They really do!" I smile. "Haven't you ever watched a darn football game?"

"Not one with me in it, Ember!"

"Seriously? Please tell my you've at least watched replays of yourself!"

"Of course I have, Ember. I just haven't watched myself play a whole freaking game or anything."

"Well, right," I say. "But the commentators say silly stuff like that about other players, too, you know, don't you? Why wouldn't they say that about you, too?"

He shrugs, grinning. "I don't know. I didn't really even think about it. Besides, most of the time that I watch football I mute the stupid commentators. They annoy me half the time. And it's not like they say anything I don't already know."

I shrug and nod, and then we're quiet, with neither of us having anything more to add to that topic. Finally, after a little too long of phone silence, I say, "Can't wait 'til you're home, Pablo."

He smiles, with just a little tinge of sadness, for some reason, in his eyes, and nods. "Same. I always like being home more, too. Plus, I can't wait to be back with you again, Ember. I wish you could just come with me wherever I go, but I know that's very unrealistic, isn't it?"

I nod, saying, "Sure is, but I get what you mean. We call and text all the time, but it just isn't the same. And you know that, too. I know you get that. And trust me, if I could, I would go with you wherever you go. But I can't be driving that much. And I don't have enough money. I mean, my goodness, I don't even have a freaking car! So that's letting alone completely going with you. And I'm sure no one, especially not Xavi and those in higher authority, would appreciate me coming along on the plane!" I say this last little part as a joke; the thought of that happening is a big joke. Because it never would. It never could, in fact. "Either way... when will you be home? Do you know yet?"

He nods. "We'll hopefully be arriving back on this day in a week. I'm excited to see you again." He smiles once again, his eyes bright.

With love.

He warms my heart.