Chapter 124

~ Author's Note ~

SO, as we all know, I'm a terrible author. Although it wasn't in the story, right before Pablo and Ember leave for his house, the day before, Ember spent with her parents- a Christmas celebration. Just figured I'd fill you in, because me being a sucky writer, I forgot all about that. (Surprise, surprise, I forgot about something hella important once again.) But because I forgot to mention that happening, in another way, I'll show how the visit was. Thanks for sticking with me, despite my nonexistent consistency. And my long Author's Notes.

𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅.

𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐆, 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐏. Suddenly, I feel a little worried, saying, "I'm really sorry... I just... The presents I got you aren't too great... I feel bad. You always do things for me, and I couldn't even get you a good gi-"

He kisses me- his method of interruption. You pull away from him, giving him a gently shove, saying embarrassed, "Right in front of parents, Pablo! Come on now!"

But his father chuckles, and his sister says, "We don't care."

"Yeah," his mother laughs. "You love each other. Ember, it's okay. Pablo doesn't need anything special for Christmas from you- he's probably too spoiled, anyway. We got him some good gifts, okay? So don't you worry."

You smile at this, honestly feeling a little shy, being so close with Pablo in front of these three, although it's not going to make you stop, because you know that despite how it feels, they really don't care.

"You gotta get up though, Ember," Gavi smiles, giving my thigh a little pat. "I've got presents I have to get, too."

So you slip off his lap and he gets up, walking out of the room. "You guys are so cute," winks his sister, Aurora.

"Your brother is so cute. He's such a good boyfriend," I turn to his parents. "I have great respect for you, for raising such a perfect man. I'm being honest. He's amazing. Like, he's my dream. He's perfect."

"Well, maybe not perfect!" laughs his dad. "But I'm glad you deal just fine with his little things!"

I smile even wider, yawning again. "I love him because of all his little things."

"You two really do love each other?" asks Aurora.

For some reason, I feel myself blushing at this. "Y- Yeah... I think so... I do... Th- That's what we tell each other all the time."

This makes Pablo's mother smile, and his father says, "Just as long as he's treating you properly, Ember. And we're here for both of you, in your journey together. If you two ever need help, we're here for you. I know you two are very much responsible for yourselves, but you're also both still eighteen. If you ever need anything, or need help working through something, we're here, and we care just as much about you now as we do our own children. If you're dating one of our children, you become a part of the family. I'm sure Javi would tell you all about it, if he was here. He's coming tomorrow morning, though. He couldn't be here for today, which is understanda-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but who is Javi?" I ask in confusion. "You're talking as if I should just know him..."

"Oh!" laughs Aurora. "Javi's my boyfriend."

"Oh," I nod. "I didn't even know you had a boyfriend."

"You might be able to meet him, if he stops by before you and Pablo leave tomorrow. I of course invited him to our family Christmas, just like Pablo invited you, but Javi had other plans on Christmas day, so he said he'd come by the next day."

"Oh, alright... Well, I don't know when Pablo wants to leave, but I'm sure we could work something out."

Aurora nods with a little smile and a shrug. "It's all good." There's a very short flash of sadness in her eyes, and you're sure it's simply from the missing her boyfriend's presence.

I smile, saying lightheartedly to Aurora, "So, Pablo kept telling me that it was okay that he was being so sweet with me in front of his family when I got nervous about that. But are your parents used to it, if you have a boyfriend?"

This makes her eyes light up again, and she laughs, nodding. "Yeah, I think so. Javi gets pretty sappy with me, too, just like my brother gets sappy with you. Mama and Papa are used to it by now, right?"

"Well, yes," laughs their father. "Young love!"

This makes both of us laugh. Pablo walks back in, carrying a bunch of presents, and sets them down as he sits down next to me. "Alright, who opens their presents first?"

First, all the presents are handed out. I get one from Gavi, and, surprisingly, one of Aurora, although this is my first time meeting her. Gavi has presents from all four of us. Aurora, and Gavi's mother and father all get presents from all their family members.

Everyone else opens their presents first, and then Pablo looks in the gift bag I've given him. The first thing he takes out is the little card I wrote for him. I put a hand over my mouth. Since now, everyone has been reading their cards out loud, but I say in a higher, embarrassed voice, "Pablo, please don't read my card out loud..."

"Aw, why not, Ember?" Pablo asks teasingly. His arm is casually draped over my shoulders.

"It's like super sappyyyyy," I say, shaking my head.

"Don't worry. My card for you is probably much more sappy, and I expect you to read that out loud. Alright, let's look at this... 'Dear my love: These past months have been such a pleasure to get to know you more and more, and getting to love you more and more. From the beginning to now, everyday you're like a shock to my heart. I feel a connection- an electricity- between us, that I love. I want to know you inside and out. When you're away, I smile every single time I think of you. You've by far been the most important person in my life,'" He takes my hand, holding it tight, before continuing to read the words I wrote, "'You help, support, and love me through everything. You always put up with me, no matter what. It's beyond my words, and any of the three languages I know, to explain how much you do for me, and how much I adore and appreciate you for it. It feels like this relationship has been two puzzle pieces falling into the perfect spots, slipping together to make the picture. I hope the picture of our stories can continue to grow into one story, together. I am convinced that we were made for each other. Sometimes, Pablo, I truly believe that the stars align. And I think with us, it's what happened. It's like your electricity hit my heart, our two stars, which were world apart, aligned, and two pieces in a puzzle fit together, just like that. I'm sorry I couldn't give you more for Christmas, Pablo. I'm sorry for everything I mess up on, but more so, I thank you with my whole heart for sticking through it with me in everything. I hope you'll enjoy my little gifts anyway, and see my love through the little things. Sincerely, Ember."