Chapter 76

~ Author's Note ~

I know I should publish in some of my other stories but I'm addicted to this one.

𝑬𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒃𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅. 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒍𝒆𝒕'𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕.

"𝐒𝐎, 𝐏𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐄?" I ask my friend as I watch Gavi sitting on the other side of the fire, talking and laughing with Ansu and Sergi about some time when Ansu fell on the grass with a stupid trip and made a big fool of himself. So, in other words, they're completely preoccupied with something else. Everyone is. Which is why now is a good time for us to talk about this.

"Nothin' bad. Always wonderful. Sometimes he gets in these dreamy moods about you, and I sit and listen to him ramble on about you with the most dreamy eyes. About how 'you look cute wearing my hoodies', or how you 'say the most charming things, and it drives me insane'. He talks about how perfect you are, and how lucky he is to have you. If anyone had a conversation and heard his true emotions about you, it'd take them no time to see how head-over-heels he is about you. Oh, and he talks about how quote 'sexy' you look in different outfits and when you do your makeup in different ways," he laughs as he continues, "He gets hard so often, Ember. You charm him until he's insane. I've seen him. It's the funniest. Sometimes he gets hard freaking thinking about you, so either he's that in love, or he's got a wild imagination. He told me about your massages, and what not. He doesn't get specific, obviously, because it's not my business, but all he wants to talk about most of the time is you. He's obsessed.

"More of the time, though," he continues, "he talks about you in more of a pure way. Your personality more and your looks second. He still makes it clear that he thinks you're drop-dead gorgeous- don't worry- but he makes it more clear how much he loves the way you act towards and treat him. He says that he always feels so tough, but with you, it is another kind of toughness. That you let him be honest, and tell you things that seem sillier, that he 'shouldn't struggle with, because he's a man, and he's too tough for that'. He says that because of that, he wants to protect you with his life. He loves how you think of him in every little different way, and he desperately wants to return it, but he feels like he's not doing enough. He gets a little jealous, too. Not very, but a bit, like when you lean on other guy friends like you are with me right now, for example. It's fine, though, because he knows how much you love him. He loves how encouraging you are, and how you appreciate everything about him, not just the looks, or the charming things he does, but you love him for every part of him, and not just for the 'good things'. He loves how you rely on him, too. It makes him feel like a hero. Your hero, and that's what he wants to be. Or how you listen to him, and the way you two can just talk for hours together. He loves all that.

"On the topic of... well, never mind..." Pedri stops suddenly.

I look around, and I'm confused to see that it's not like anyone is trying to listen in or anything. "Why'd you stop?" I ask in slight annoyance. I was becoming captivated by those words that Gavi apparently says about me.

He shrugs, saying simply, "I shouldn't even be telling you this stuff, because even though it's about you, Gavi has entrusted me with these things. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you knew about everything I've already told you, but I don't think he'd want you to know what I was about to say, so it's my job as his friend not to tell you. Sorry."

I sigh in more annoyance, but then nod. "Alright, then."

"The funny thing is, though, most of the time, funny as this sounds, he doesn't daydream about you to me, but rather, he goes to me for advice about you," Pedri says with a simple chuckle.

I look at him surprised about this, and softly laugh a bit as I ask, "What about me is there to get advice about from you?"

"I honestly don't know myself! It's not like I'm some ladies' man. I think he just talks to me because generally, I'm smart with people, and he's generally not. He makes stupid decisions or awkward comments. He's just not good with understanding people. So he asks me about you."

"What advice about me has he even asked for, though?"

"Well, oh, I don't know. He asks me if I think you'd like it if he did something, or if I think he should try to take care of you more or less, because he doesn't want you to think that he thinks you're weak or anything. He wonders if he should be more physical with you, or not. He doesn't know. He sucks at this whole thing called being in a relationship, Ember. It's quite funny to be me. He has no idea what he's doing."

"Seriously?!" I ask in surprise. "I would have never guessed. He seems so-"

Gavi walks over, saying, "Here, Ember," he hands me the stick with two marshmallows on it. "It's a little hot, so you may want to wait a few minutes before you eat them."

I nod and thank him as he takes his seat next to me, on the other side, where Pedri is not sitting, so I'm squeezed right in between the two of them.

"Hey, guys," Balde says, going to the cooler, pulling out a bottle of wine. "What should we do? How about a game? Uh... Two truths and a lie?"

"Sure. What's the reward for whoever guesses the right one on the first try?" Alarcon asks.

"There always has to be rewards with you!" Arnau claims.

"Yep. So how about whoever guesses it gets to... Ah!" He suddenly stands up, goes to his tent, and walks out with a bag of candy.

"You just have candy with you at all times?!" I exclaim.

"Pretty much," Alarcon laughs, handing out one candy to each of us. "Whoever gets it steals one candy from the other person. You can still guess if you don't have a candy, but you can't give your two truths and a lie. Whoever has all the candy in the end wins and gets to eat all of it!"

"Oh my," Eric sighs. "Angel, you think interestingly."

And so that's how this chaotic game gets started.