Chapter 84

~ Author's Note ~

Warning: Censored swearing

Sorry that sometimes I forget to warn about that.

𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒊𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒, "𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃?" from Gavi are quite threatening, considering the tone of voice he says it in, and I have a feeling that good times are about to get sticky.

Before anyone can shut him up, Pablo Torre grins and says, "Ember freaking punched Ferran square in his face."

I'm about to protest, telling him that I didn't, but Sergi Roberto says, "She didn't punch him. She slapped him."

Gavi looks so confused and concerned. He grabs my arm, a little tight, saying, "What did he do to you to make you do that?"

"No-"

"-thing," Balde says with a smirk. "She just did it. Pablo said he thought it was woman hormones-"

"What the hell, Alejandro, no I didn't! That didn't happen!" Pablo Torre glares.

Why the hell would Balde lie like that?

Intrusive thoughts are taking over right now, and I swim to the ladder in the water, getting out.

I officially dislike another Barca player.

"I didn't just do anything!" I yell at Balde. "Woman hormones?! You're never gonna get a girlfriend in your whole life, Balde!"

"Hey, whoa, what?" Pedri asks, getting out of the water after me.

I glance back at Gavi, who is also looking down and getting out of the water.

"Jeez, Ember, anyone could tell that was a joke," Balde says.

"I didn't!" Pablo Torre counters. "I swear I never said tha-"

"Pablo, we know, sit down," I say, brushing him off in annoyance.

Suddenly Gavi says, loud enough for everyone to shut up, putting an arm around me, "Just tell me what the hell happened, and I want a good source."

"Eric is a good source!" I say, pointing at Eric.

"Ember, I-"

"Tell him what happened, Eric!"

Eric sighs, muttering, "If there is gonna be a fight, I don't want to be apart of it."

"Just f***ing tell him, Eric!" I order.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Gavi suddenly yells, pointing at Ferran. "Where the hell do you think you're going, coward?" Gavi calls, and everyone to see Ferran caught in the act of trying to casually, quietly, slip his way out of there.

I snort. "Look at him; he knows he's f***ing guilty."

Eric sighs, and bluntly gets it over with, "I don't know what Balde was just saying, but there was a reason why Ember did, in fact, slap him, not punch, and it's that she overheard Ferran talking about how he didn't think you and Ember would last very long, Gavi."

His face is just as red as it is when, during a match, he feels he should get a call from a ref and he's getting nothing.

Yeah, he's mad.

Gavi stalks over to Ferran, grabbing his shirt collar, and suddenly shouts at him, who looks a bit nervous, "You wanna say to my face what you said about us, huh, you little son of a f***ing b****?! Because I sure as hell am listening!"

"Uh, I- I'm sorry-"

"Oh, you're sorry?" he asks in a mocking tone. "You want me to just pat your back and say no problem, buddy?"

"Gavi-" Angel says, who is the closest level-headed person to the two of them. "Just calm down, dude-"

"This doesn't concern you, Angel, unless you also joined in on the fun of making fun of my girlfriend."

"No, he didn't, love," I say, walking over. "Angel is fine. Just calm down. It's dealt with, you don't have to-"

Suddenly, Gavi punches Ferran in the eye, and his head once again gets knocked to one side, and he makes a noise of pain. "Dude, I won't-"

"Do you think I care?" Gavi interrupts, punching him up in the nose. My stomach lurches when I see blood flowing from his nose, and I look away, feeling tears come to my eyes for some reason. I cover my eyes.

I hear Angel and Pedri grabbing Gavi, trying to pull him away from Ferran. Pedri is saying, "Gavi, you've got to calm down."

And Angel says, "It's all dealt with, Gavi, there's no point in doing this- You can't just get your anger out on Ferran.

"Yes I f***ing can, if the reason for my anger is because of him!"

I look up to see Gavi about to swing another punch, but Pedri grabs that arm, and Angel grabs the other.

"Gavi," Pedri says more calmly in his friend's ear. "You can't beat up you're own teammates-"

"I don't wanna be his teammate if he's gonna act like that!"

"Well guess what, Gavi?" Angel suddenly says, raising his voice. "Maybe we don't want you as a teammate if you're gonna be acting like this, huh, how's that sound?"

Then Gavi leaves Ferran wiping the blood off his face in shock, and turns on Angel.

I wipe my eyes, and at this point, I slip on my sandles and run out of the pool area. Once I'm out the door, I let myself cry full-out.

Why am I crying?

I'm so mad! I'm mad at everyone!

I'm mad at Ferran.

I'm mad at Pablo Torre.

I'm mad at Gavi.

I'm mad at Balde.

I'm...

I'm so mad.

My whole body is shaking as I cry, and I try to remind myself of who I'm not mad at. I find a place next to a tree somewhere to settle down as I cry.

I'm not mad at Eric.

I'm not mad at Busquets.

Or Kounde.

Or Sergi.

Or Pedri.

Or Angel.

I wish I could kiss Angel, Pedri, and Eric.

I feel so alone... I need someone to comfort me... Anyone.

I choke on my tears, trying to wipe up the pathetic things.

Suddenly, my wish for comfort is answered, because I hear a voice call, "Ember, is that you?"

I look up to see Angel walking towards me. I try to wipe up my tears as quickly as I can, and I thank God for waterproof makeup. "Yeah," I sniff. "Hey, Angel."

He walks over to me and plops down on the ground next to me, leaning against the same tree, so our legs are touching. "Hey..." he says softly, shifting a bit away from me, not wanting to be awkward, even though I was fine with our legs touching.

I notice a red bruise forming by his jawline, and I gently touch it. He flinches, and continues looking at the ground.

"Gavi did that to you?"

"It doesn't hurt."

I sigh, shaking my head.

"Wanna talk about it, Ember?" Angel asks, and I think Angel is a really nice guy.