Chapter 120

~ Author's Note ~

Chapter 120; what a nice number, huh?

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒕.

𝐀𝐒 𝐈'𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐈 𝐒𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐁 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐌𝐋𝐘. I don't freak out, because I recognize it as Pablo's touch. I turn to look at him, "Yes, l- Gavi?"

He smiles. "How are you? Haven't seen you in a while." We decided maybe we should separate and do our own things for a while as to not accidentally do something too romantic in front of all these people.

"I'm good," I shrug. "Not much going on... Oh, I talked to some of the... other players, you know, from other teams. That was really cool!"

He nods, glancing to the alcohol beverage in my hand. "How many have you had, also?"

"This is just my third glass of wine. I've only been drinking wine..."

"Alright, well... don't get too drunk, okay? I mean do what you want, but that's my suggestion. People get stupid and can't control themselves as well when they're drunk."

"Yes, yes, Gavi, I know."

"Alright," he shrugs. "I'm only telling you because I care."

"I'm aware. Anyway, see you later, lo- Gavi."

This makes him smile, and he nods and waves as I walk away, finding a random couch to sit on. I honestly feel quite bored, and just want to go home.

Well, maybe not home. Either way, I just want to not be here anymore.

Sometimes football culture is really boring, I guess I've found.

After a while of drinking, I'm feeling a little drunk, and even more like I want to get out of there. I have definitely drank too much; more than my boyfriend would have liked, for sure. I stand up to find Gavi, but suddenly, he is before me, before I've even taken a step. "Hey, love," he says quietly. "How are you doing?" I don't like that he has to stand so far from me. Usually we stand so close together.

"Not very good..." I say honestly. "I'm bored and... I want to go now. I've done everything I wanted to do now, and I'm miserable..." I feel bad for whining to him... What if he really is enjoying this, and now his annoying girlfriend is pressuring him to go...? So I add quickly, "But I'll be fine. I was just thinking I could-"

"No, no, no, Ember, it's okay. I understand. I feel the same. We should leave early. Nobody would notice, right? Let's just go. Slip out. I already said bye to everyone I was with. We're good. You're good."

"Mmmm, okay," I sigh, relieved that he agrees with me. I forget, and lean into him. He stiffens, but starts walking with me. And without thinking, I say, way too loudly, "Pablo, I can't handle it anymore... Come on, kiss me...!"

"Ember, no," he mutters, looking away, but puts his arm around my waist, because he has to, in order to support my weight and keep me from falling. "Didn't I tell you not to get drunk? You should've listened."

But I ignore him.

Because everyone knows that I'm stupid when drunk.

So I grab his face, forcing him to face me, and with no thoughts but love in my head, I kiss him. Right away, though, he pushes me away, and says, "Ember, no. Stop. Just come on. We need to get out of here."

And I continue to be an absolute brain dead drunk idiot and lean on his shoulder as he walks me out.

We make it to our rented car, and he opens the passenger door for me, helping me in. He then cuts around to the driver's side and sits down. Before he can even get settled, my emotions take over me again, and I wrap him in a hug, starting to make out with him, not even caring or even really knowing whether he's kissing me back or not.

Suddenly, I hear something banging on the window behind me, and Pablo immediately leans away from me and rolls down the window. I turn around to see a very unexpected person standing there. Pablo snaps right away, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Yeah..." I say in surprise, leaning into Pablo's chest.

"I'm sorry," replies the man, who is none other but the Atleti player, Griezmann. "For interrupting. But I'm trying to help. People are starting to leave, and I understand that you are trying to keep your relationship quiet and... I figured I would let you know, so no one would see you two."

I look back to Pablo, to see him nodding. His Adam's apple shows that he swallows hard. "Right. Thank you." He quickly waves and rolls up the window again, saying, "'Kay, buckle up. We're driving away. And back to the hotel." So I grab the seat belt, but fail to find where to click it in in the dark light and with my drunken state, so Pablo finally just impatiently grabs it and clicks it in for me, before pulling out to drive away. After he has started driving, he finally mutters, "Okay... Why don't you just relax? We'll get to sleep as soon as we get back to the hotel."

"I don't want to sleep, Pablo. I want to-"

"Well, I'm sleeping, so you'd better sleep as well, because I know that anything you would want to do would be with me. We can cuddle, but that's about the extent of it." His voice is very hard, straightforward, tense, and anxious. "Sorry. I've had a long night, and you have, too. You need to sleep. And remember, I also played a football game today."

I sigh, and finally let that be the end of it. He helps me get to the hotel room, and once we're inside, I take off my clothes, only in my bra in underwear, and get into bed, while Pablo is putting on pajama pants and a t-shirt to sleep in. We slip into bed, and still in my drunk state, I don't understand.

Oh, but don't worry. Of course, the guilt always hits like a bullet train bright early in the morning.