Chapter 50

~ Author's Note ~

WOWWW.

50 chapters!

And I wouldn't made it this far without your guys' encouragement!

So THANKS.

SO MUCH.

Please enjoy this chapter. It's a little...

Well, to put it simply, by the end of this chapter and the next, you'll really understand how huge my crush on Gavi really is.

So... YEAH!

Enjoy.

𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑰 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒅𝒐. 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑰 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒅𝒐.

"𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈, 𝐈𝐅 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐘, 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑?" I ask, totally because I want to relieve our pain, and totally not because I want to be able to touch his body, and then have his hands on mine.

Yeah, totally not. What a ridiculous I idea. I would never think something like that.

Yeah, right.

He stares at me, then chuckles a bit, saying, "Oh, I'm sure there's no need for that, is there...?" But his eyes say something different.

"Why shouldn't there be a reason for it?" I grin. "I mean, we're boyfriend and girlfriend now. And we both ache now. So why not?"

He thinks a few minutes, then decides on, "I suck at massaging. I've never massaged someone in my whole life."

"Well, I can be your first!" I exclaim. He could be the worst at massaging in  the world, and I would still enjoy it, simply because it would be his hands.

He still seems a little unsure, before saying, "Okay... There's a good place, I think. How about one of the pool chairs on the patio?"

I nod, grinning. Out in the dusk, that should be nice. "We should stay in the place with the mosquito guard, though."

"Naturally. Or else we'd get bitten up terribly." He seems to shutter at merely the thought of it.

"So, you should change."

"Right... Into shorts. You head out to the patio." He stands up off the couch, and it hurts me to see him limp out of the room, his leg still very stiff.

I'm sure I can help him with this.

I go out to the patio. The air is still warm, and the sky is painted with blue, purple, orange, pink, and yellow, along with a little grey and black coming in as night arrives, and the white clouds against it all. There are a few golden stars appearing the in sky as well.

It takes my breath away. The beauty. Does Pablo really get this view every night?!

Soon, he comes out, wearing yellow gym shorts that go halfway up his calves, a dark blue zip-up Barca sweater, and blue flip-flops. He still has that stiff limp in his leg.

I want to hug him, in the moment, so I just get up, and I do. I stops short, surprised, and puts his arms around my back, saying, "What's wrong, Ember?"

"Nothin'," I say, softly in his ear. "I just love you, so much, and it don't like to see you limping like that. That's why you're gonna go on that chair right there, and I'm going to massage it out of your leg."

Our eyes meet, and he smiles, then goes to the chair, and sits down, saying, "How should I lay?"

"On your stomach is good."

"'Kay," he responds, doing so slowly to be careful with his leg. 

"Does this ever happen before, during, or after a football match?"

"Never before or during. I don't get nervous about football. Only excited, because I love it. Nearly never after, unless I have an interview or something," he responds again, as I sit down at the edge of the chair.

"That's good. Well, Pablo, I think I've got this. I think I'm gonna make you feel better. You wanna know why?"

"'Cuz you love me?" he grins.

"Oh, that too!" I giggle. "Actually, I was going to say, I studied to be a physical trainer and a physical therapist. I am very experienced when it comes to massages. I know how to do it right."

"Oh man, so when I massage you, it's going to seem even worse."

I don't say anything, but I think, Any moment your hands are on me, Pablo, can't feel bad. It's just not possible.

I start in the sinewy muscles in his calf. I use my thumbs to massage through them, my heart pounding at simply the strength in his legs. They're so beautifully muscular. So athletic... My heart rate keeps going up and up as I massage through his muscles, hopefully relieving the pain. I think I'm doing it right. I think I'm doing what I should. I think. All I know is, I'm enjoying this. 

Suddenly, his muscles tense. I bring my hands away, and stare, before saying like I should, "Did something hurt?"

"No..." he says. "Why?"

"Oh, nothing..." I laugh very quietly. "Nothing at all." 

I keep massaging him, going slowly further down, into his knee a bit, and then back up into his thigh, and after a few more minutes, he says, "That feels nice..."

"Oh, good... How does the pain feel?" I say with a little smile.

He rolls over and sits up, before bending his leg slowly again. Unlike before, though, he doesn't wince at all. Instead, his arms are suddenly hugging me around the neck, and he kisses me. I gasp at this, not expecting this suddenly movement of affection. He pulls away after the kiss after probably about ten seconds, before saying, looking right into my eyes, "All better, Ember. You made me all better... Thank you so much... That was so calming... To feel your hands massaging me. Thank you so much," he says again. "I guess I'll just have to call you to do that whenever I get cramped up like that, huh?" he kids at the end.

I smile brightly at him, before saying softly in the now mostly moonlight. "I guess so."

"So, do you still ache? Is it my turn now, to try and fail, to massage you and well as you just massaged me?"

If I'm being honest to myself, my ache have mostly gone away by now, but of course I don't have to mention that. Instead, I say, "Yes, Pablo, I reckon so. I guess it's time for me to make fun of you for your failed attempt at massaging me, huh?" I tease, nudging him.

"Well, alright then," he jokes back. "Let's get this over with, then."