Chapter 49

~ Author's Note ~

Gavi hugging Eric after the match <333

𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔.

On Monday, in the evening, after dinner, at about 7:00 P.M., Pablo calls me. I answer, and I love to see his face again. Whenever I can't see, hear, or be with him, I feel empty. He is what I need, and I love being near him. I pick up, leaning back on my bed, saying, "Evening, Pablo."

"Evening," he says, smiling. Smiling just because he can see and hear me. I smile, too. "Do you... do you want to come over?"

"Sure," I nod, feeling excited to go to his house again. "I did some tough stretches at the gym today, so I'm a little achy, but that sounds good. I kind of pushed myself."

"Oh, that's good, though," he maintains eye contact through the screen very steadily. "Pushing yourself is always good, I find."

"Well, of course you'd say that. You wouldn't be this far if you hadn't pushed yourself!"

He shrugs. "I don't think anyone would make it anywhere in life if they don't push themselves, though, Ember. It's not just my success. It's everyone."

I nod, suddenly realizing how wise these words from him are. "That's actually very true."

"And, don't worry. It's not only you that have some aches. I do, too." I'm not sure if he's saying what I think he's saying, but I figure he is. That's all the more reason why I have to come over. It's interesting, though, because over the phone, he seems completely fine... Maybe I'm mistaken, then.

"Okay, I'll be over... I have your address, but I don't have a car, Gavi."

"Oh, can you just tell the cabbie to drive you to the end of my street, and then walk up to my house? It's not too far of a walk... Oh, but you have aches, don't you...?"

"Yeah," I say quickly, "but they aren't bad at all. I'll be over." I wouldn't want to make him pick me up. "See you later, Gavi."

"See you soon, Ember."

I hang up, and change out of my workout clothes very quickly, into a white, orange, and red striped tank crop-top, a jean skirt, and another gold necklace, that matches with the one he gave me, which I, obviously, just like the bracelet, always wear. I understand it is cold out, but I have this weird thought that maybe if I make myself look really pretty and hot, just seeing me will make him feel better.

I get a cab, and he brings me to the street. I walk up the street in my clicky brown sandle high heels, but it's worth it. I've never been a girl real into high heels, but anything for Pablo Gavi.

Then I get to his door, and I ring the doorbell. I hear it ring throughout the huge house. About a minute later, the door is opened by my absolutely gorgeous boyfriend. He is leaning on the door frame with one arm, and his weight is on only one of his legs. He's wearing a white t-shirt with a green flannel unbuttoned on top, black tight sweatpants, and bright white sneakers. I smile at him, saying, "You okay...?"

"Huh?" he looks surprised at this question. "Yes, of course. Why wouldn't I be okay?"

I shrug, a little embarrassed now. "I don't know... I just care, and I wanted to make sure."

He smiles then, and nods, saying, "Well, come on in. Because I would be asking you if you're okay. You look a little chilly in that."

"Oh, yeah..." I sigh. "I am, a little."

Then words slip out of his mouth, and it seems like he doesn't even want them to, but they do. "I mean, not that you're not really hot in that, too-" His cheeks get pink in embarrassment over this statement from himself.

I giggle at this, and I say, "Well, thank you," as he lets me inside his house. "You really are adorable, you know, when you get embarrassed."

"Yeah, yeah," he rolls his eyes. "Whatever."

I watch as he closes the door and starts walking, and I'm surprised how much he is limping on his left leg. "Pablo!" I say, surprised. "You okay?"

He clears his throat, muttering, "I should just workout. I have a cramp. That would make it feel better."

"Where is the cramp?" I ask as we sit down in the main living room.

"In my leg, duh," he rolls his eyes, nudging me, teasing me.

I grin, "Where in your leg, stupid?!"

"It started in my thigh. It usually does. Then it spreads down to my knee, and sometimes, even into my calves."

"Where is it right now?"

He looks slightly uncomfortable, but too bad for him. He spread his legs out on the couch space between us. "Down to my calves. But I'm fine. This doesn't happen any more than once a week, and it's usually not this bad."

"And this is because of that stress stuff?"

He shrugs. "I think so."

"So you called me because you were lonely?"

He shrugs again. "Yeah, basically."

I think a few seconds, before saying, "Well, good thing I'm here to keep you company, huh?"

"Certainly," he nods, slowly bending his leg up and down, trying to loosen the muscles, it appears. And boy, does he have muscles. "You said you ache right now, too? Where?"

"Oh, my knees, and my ankles, and my shoulders, and my abs. I was working out at the gym, so it happens sometimes... It's not a big deal at all."

"Oh, right. Just like my cramp isn't a big deal?"

"Your cramp is a big deal, though, Pablo!"

"Then your aches are a big deal too, then, no?"

I grin, rolling my eyes at him. "Okay. Whatever."

"Well... What would you like to do, Ember?" Pablo asks, leaning back, continuing to stretch out his leg.

"You said you needed to workout, because it'd make your leg feel better?"

"Yeah, but it's pretty bad, I think the best at this point is to just rest it until it goes away. It will hopefully start fading pretty soon. Now that you're here."

I nod, considering this.

And suddenly, I get an idea, with will be both romantic, efficient, and I might have some dirty thoughts along with it, too.