Chapter 121

~ Author's Note ~

Boy that picture looks like it was from a while ago, huh?

Alright so I just realised that I completely forgot about Tiera or whatever her name was in that last chapter because of my long absence and I'm SO sorry about that! I feel awful, because that is awful on my part as being an author, but I guess I just have to get over it. So I guess the best solution I can think of is that she just never existed so...

I'M SO SORRY ABOUT IT!!!

Also whoooooaaaaa girlies it gets a little heated in this chapter. In a bad way. So be ready.

𝑳𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕.

"𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏, 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑," 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄. My eyes flutter to see my boyfriend looking over me. "It's morning now, and we need to get going."

I slowly sit up, taking his hand, and stretch. "What... went on last ni- Oh my God." I suddenly remember it, and my head flops into my hands. I shake it, breathing deeply. "Oh, gosh, no. Please say it was a dream."

"If I said it was a dream, I'd be lying to you," Pablo responds simply and softly, slipping off the bed.

"Pablo..." I breathe deeply.

He just responds with, "I would be very angry at you if I didn't know better."

"You should be mad at me."

"You saying that is exactly the reason why I shouldn't. But, Ember, I'm mad."

I swallow, shaking my head. "Then why are you speaking so calm?" I ask. "You don't sound mad."

"Because I love you too much to express what I'm feeling."

I look up at him. "Usually, you're so forgiving." He is standing, not facing me, hands in the pockets of his grey gym shorts, as he stares out the hotel window.

"Yeah, I am," he sighs. "And I feel terrible now, but I'm nearing my tipping point. I'm not as perfect as I seem, and you keep getting drunk and being stupid. I literally told you not to get too drunk. I'm burying my emotions because I don't want to yell at you, because I love you, and I don't want to see you cry, but you also always tell me that we have to be completely honest with each other. So I'm being honest. I'm mad at you. You exposed us, and now there is no chance at all. At all. Everyone is going to know from some online rumour and this is not the way I wanted to go about this."

"Pablo," I mutter, my voice cracking. I'm trying my hardest not to cry. "I know. And I'm sorry."

"I know you are," he sighs, and suddenly turns around, looking me right in my eyes, "I know you're sorry, but sometimes, Ember, just the words 'I'm sorry' aren't enough. Sometimes they just aren't enough."

And at this, I loose it. I stand up and snatch up my bathrobe, wrapping it around myself. I then walk right to him. The fact that he has just told me all this in the most calm, indifferent, not angry sounding voice angers me! I mean, that just angers me even more than I already am at those words. So I find myself yelling at him, staring him right in the eyes, "Pablo, shut up! Like, shut the f***ing hell up! If 'I'm sorry' isn't enough for you, then what is?!"

He looks slightly surprised at my outburst for just a moment, before he finally sighs, saying, not in a yelling voice, but in a angrier tone, "I want you to not do this again. You keep messing s*** up. And then you cry and beg me to forgive you and I'm like 'Oh, okay, alright' because you act like my pitiful little girlfriend who needs me to forgive you or else you'll crumble up."

"A relationship with no forgiveness never lasts!" I snap back.

"A relationship where you're never sorry never lasts, either!"

"I always say sorry!"

"Being sorry is not doing it again! Don't you care? You keep doing this to me. This is like the second time, and zero times is way too many. I can't date you if you do this to me, and then expect me to forgive you when I know you're going to do it again!"

"How do you know?"

"Because I do! You're doing nothing to make you less likely to! I love you. I want to trust you. I know you're strong and you're your own woman. I don't understand, then, why, you can't control how much you drink and what you do after that. You're not responsible! And I'm not going to be your little daddy leading you around and telling you what and what not to do! That would be awful! Toxic! It'd be a terrible relationship. You do all this s*** and then you turn to me as if you couldn't help it and cry for forgiveness when you should be able to control yourself! We're getting too close, and someone is bound to found out, and I don't want to be in the public eye like that with all that criticism! You know how much stress that would give me! I can't deal with that stress right now, Ember."

I feel my jaw tighten, and I shake my head. "You don't understand." I can't help from a single tears rolling down my cheek. I see Pablo stare at it, and suddenly his eyes soften, and he reaches over, wiping it away. Suddenly, he grabs me in a tight hug, which surprises me. "What are you doing, Pablo...?"

"I can't do this," he whispers, leaning his forehead down on my shoulder. "I can't be so mad at you. This is so hard for me, Ember. Please understand. I am sorry. I just..."

"Pablo, are you crying?"

"No," he mutters, his voice cracking. "I just don't want people to know about us. Especially not in that way. I'm stressed out."

And for a split second, Ember Escarro who is always right questions if she was right or not just now.

But that's just for a second.