Chapter 40

~ Author's Note ~

I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY WITH ME!

It finally happened! They finally kissed, in the previous chapter! I'm sure we're all thinking FINALLY. I'm sorry, readers, if you were getting annoyed at me at how long it was taking. I mean, it did take 39 chapters for them to simply kiss, and confess their love, but yeah!!! Sorry 'bout that. I hope you're enjoying the story a whole bunch, regardless. I mean, I guess I wouldn't have 11.something K views if people weren't enjoying it.

By the way, speaking of all the views, THANK YOU. So MUCH. It's amazing that I have over 10K readers, and there is no one to thank other than you, lovely person who is reading this right now!!! THANK. You!

𝑩𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅. 𝑰'𝒎 𝒑𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒅. 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕? 𝑶𝒉, 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒈𝒐𝒕. 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆'𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏. 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒐𝒓 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏.

𝐈 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈'𝐌 𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄. We're both half asleep, and we're so tired, but finally, after much, much too long, we're at peace. At last, we are at complete peace with each other. I'm leaning on his shoulder, still sitting on his hood, all snuggled up into him. He noticed I was shivering a little in the very early morning crisp air, so he gave me his navy and light blue Barcelona hoodie. It is big on me, and I feel so at peace snuggled up against him, wrapped in the warmth of his hoodie. His smells envelopes me. I can feel his heart slowly beat, and his chest slowly rise and fall as he breathes. His protective arm is around me, and his head is gently leaned on mine.

Peace.

Complete peace.

Time is still gone, but it isn't stressful or scary or confusing anymore, like it was. It is perfect. Because he took the horrible thing I did and made it into something perfect. And I never, ever want this perfect moment to end. So let time tumble off the earth. As long as I can be his, and he can be mine.

I really don't understand Gavi. I don't understand how he can be so wonderful. After what I did to him. He brought me to the bar, and he even had a gift for me, and he was going to go get it, and I went and kissed that awful creep in my stupid wasted state. And he came back and he saw me doing that. And he ran. And he cried over me, because he loves me that much. He couldn't sleep because of that awful feeling of rejection I dropped on him. Just thinking about it makes me tingle, to think about what really happened, what  I really did. How much of a b**** I was, really. I was a total b**** to him. But despite it all, he loves me. And when I came to him and showed true contrition and grief over what I did, he didn't get mad or throw me away. He hugged me. And then he kissed me. He forgave me. He said he loved me, and here we are, at, what, 4:00 in the morning, leaning against each other, all because he is just that much of an amazing person.

It isn't until now that I realise the real truth of all this. I'm horrible, and I don't deserve such an awesome, forgiving, gentlemanly, manly, protective, strong, kind, quiet, generous, loving man as him. I don't deserve him. Yet, despite everything that makes sense, he loves me.

It is a beautiful example of undeserving love, and just thinking about it literally brings tears to my eyes. And I don't care. I've accepted by now that this boy can make me cry, and I will cry over him. And oh well. Maybe it's good I cry over him sometimes. Maybe it is good to have a reason to cry over him sometimes. I don't know, though. I have a way of trying to make sense out of things that don't have any sense to them.

I don't know if he is Pablo or Gavi to me. Maybe both. Maybe. He is Pablo sometimes, Gavi other times. I've been here for hours, thinking about him. Thinking about him as both Pablo and Gavi. He's both. He's everything.

He says very softly, starting to gently rub my back, "Ember, hours ago, before... you kissed that guy in the bar," there is still slight bitterness in his voice, but I understand completely. He should be bitter. I mean, it's not like I give off some extremely sweet flavor or anything. "I went out to get a gift for you... I still have it, you know. I think I'd like to give it to you." His voice has that soft, loving, low tone to it again. The one that makes my heart stop and beat faster, all at the same time. The one that makes me warm on a cold night. The one that makes the hair on my neck stand on end.

I look up to meet his beautiful eyes. In this lighting, in the night, they are dark. Dark. With so much emotion and meaning and mystery, and I love him even more. He's perfection in a person. His eyes also have a little smile in them, and the corner of his mouth is quirked up. I grin, and the butterflies fly up in me, as I become aware again of his quirked up, lopsided grin that I missed. That I haven't seen in a little too long. The one that makes him so handsome, so charming. The one that is so playful, so knowing, so smart and witty and loverly. I love him so freaking much. He's...

Is he finally, really, actually mine now? Can I finally truly call him that? Has the night come?

He stands up, and goes to his car, to get the gift. At the short absence of his presence, I become even more thankful for his Barcelona hoodie that is wrapped around me.