Chapter 81

~ Author's Note ~

Ferran POV: Gavi looks at you like that.

𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚.

𝐈 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈, 𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐍, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐒, 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘, 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐒 9:00 𝐀.𝐌., 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐈𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏. I'm about to grab my things and go to get ready for the day, but I stop myself, hearing the guys talking outside the tent by the fire.

Busquets is saying, "Guys, you shouldn't talk like that."

"Well it's true! How often does teenage love that starts like theirs did last? Think about them, Busi. You think it's gonna last?"

"I'm not going to make my comment on what I think of Ember and Gavi, because it's none of my business. I will say, though, that I have seen many cases of teenage love end in a very happy marriage."

"Putting aside the idea of teenage love," Ansu Fati says, "generally, they're personalities. Do you really think it's gonna last? I really like both of them, but them together? Is it really the best for them...?"

"Man, I'm deciding to stay out of this conversation," Kounde's voice mutters.

"Well, I'm not!" Mr. Peanut Gallery Ferran Torres says. "They're both insanely stubborn. They both want their ways. They're both immature. They both always seem so on edge and quiet and angry. Gavi is obsessive with his 'love' and Ember is looking for other things besides love. Gavi has a way of either writing off any affection or just becoming addicted to it. That's not Ember. She has her own plans and goals, man. It's not gonna work out."

"Sheesh, Ferran," Pablo Torre's voice says.

My whole body is tense with anger. My head feels so hot, it might just explode like a volcano. How dare they insult me, him, and us like that? How dare they talk about us, gossip, while Gavi's not here and I'm supposed to be asleep?

The nerve!

I imagine storming out there and smacking them all as hard as I can. All the ones that are saying such things. I'm bursting with such anger, I have to punch something.

But then the conversation continues.

"Ferran," Eric says. "Did your mama ever tell you about a little something called holding back your thoughts because they're just so rude that you shouldn't say them out loud? Did you papa ever teach you that sometimes it's best to stay out of gossip and other people's business? I'm figuring not, by the way you keep acting about Gavi and Ember. You don't even know them enough to make those claims, so they're completely empty, coming from you, whether they make sense or not."

"Eric, you're no f***ing fun. I'm obviously just kidding."

"You're obviously not just kidding. No one is laughing. And I don't wanna hear any 'joking' if it's at the expense of others. Especially others who aren't even here to stand up for themselves."

"Whoa, guys, this is history making. Eric Garcia is getting fired up!" Balde's voice laughs. "I guess I wouldn't say it as bluntly as Ferran just did, but I do agree that those two are never gonna survive for very long."

"My God, you all are so immature. Doesn't anyone agree with me?" Eric says. "Busi? Angel? Kounde?"

There's a silence, before Busi says, "I'm with Kounde. I'm staying out of your argument."

More silence. Angel utters, "Yeah, Eric, you're right."

"Wow, so you have Angel's agreement," Ferran says. "Excell-"

"Shut up, Ferran. I don't know what is going on with you right now, lately, man, but something is, because you're not acting like yourself. You're acting off. So please just be quiet and keep your comments to yourself while you sort it out. And don't be putting down what others are doing or going through while it's none of your business. We're not putting you down for being a jerk, are we? So pull it together and stop it already."

Pablo Torre, who has been silent this whole time, says, "He makes a point, guys, and you can't disagree with it." No one does, so I stand up, put on a bra, my slippers, and my bathrobe, and march out of the tent. All of the guys look up and stare at me, and my their facial expressions back at me, I can tell they see the anger on my face.

Good. They better.

Especially Ferran Torres.

I very promptly march over to Eric Garcia and wrap my arms around him  in a tight hug, saying in his ear, loud enough for the others to hear, too, "Thank you, Eric, for defending me, since I wasn't there to do it myself." I give him a kiss on the cheek and straighten, scanning all the guys with an angry expression.

Not angry.

Nasty.

Death glare kind of stuff we're getting into now.

I let my gaze rest longer on those that said something against me, and finally my gaze stops on Ferran Torres, who stares at me with the most guilty look in his brown eyes. "Ember, I'm sorry, I-"

"I should be saying sorry, for not being ready to forgive you. Here you are, spewing all  this crap, and then the moment you know I heard it, you're sorry. Bulls***, Ferran, that's what that is."

He clamps his mouth shut in something like embarrassment, surprise, and guilt.

Which is pleasing to me as I walk right up to him and smack him across the cheek as hard as I can.

He makes a ouff nose as his head is knocked to the side.

That's so satisfying.

No one tells me to calm down, which is good, because I'm simmering. They all kind of just stare. So I take this opportunity to say to all of them, as Ferran rubs his cheek, in annoyance, "That is not even a fraction of what I want to do to Torres right now, just so you know. And I wish I could thank Eric more. It's kind of pathetic for grown men to be gossiping like little girls, and those that do it will see what they deserve, basically. And I can tell you, as I'm sure you know, Ferran would be feeling a lot more than a small slap if my boyfriend were here right now to give it to him.

"So, in short, unless you stand up for someone like Eric just did, putting aside your own opinions to stand up for those you care about, I guess I just won't care about you."

I promptly grab my clothes and walk to the bathrooms to get ready for the day.

~ Author's Note ~

I'm so mean to Ferran. 
Don't worry; I love him.

Just not in this particular fan fiction.

Because I also love Eric Garcia just as much.

So in this fan fiction, I'm tipping my hat to him.