Chapter 60

WARNING: CENSORED SWEARING

𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒇 𝒘𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆.

"𝐏𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈, 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐎 𝐎𝐁𝐍𝐎𝐗𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏?" Pablo asks his friend with a sigh.

Pedri grins, saying, "Honestly, it's because I think you two are adorable."

"How would you know?" I demand from him. "Aren't we pretty good at hiding our relationship status from others? It's not like we make it overly noticeable, do we?"

Pedri snorts, consider this, before saying, "It's not obvious until you know it's true. Then, suddenly, it becomes overly obvious. Don't worry; I'm the only one who knows. I didn't tell anyone about you two."

"If you had, I'd kill you," Pablo declares.

But Pedri just keeps grinning, shaking his head, and says, "No, you wouldn't. You love me too much to kill me."

"Yeah, right," Pablo says with a eye roll, although all three of us are completely aware of the close friendship bond the two have. Even if Pablo denies it sometimes in annoyance. There's a bit silence, before my boyfriend stands up from the chair, saying, "Oh, Ember, want me to get you those chocolates I bought you?"

I smile. "Sure! That'd be great."

He nods, saying, "I'll also heat up some brunch for you guys, too. I'll be right back." Pablo walks out of the room, leaving me and Pedri sitting together on the couch.

Pedri waits about a minute of silence before suddenly grabbing both my light brown hands in his peach ones, and looking me right in the brown eyes with his brown eyes, which makes me inhale deeply in surprise and concern. "Pedri...?" I ask in concern.

But then I realise this is an action of a friend, not a... creep, because of the soft, concerned, sincere words that come out of his mouth, "Ember, please be honest to me. Gavi has been good to you, right?"

I stare at him surprise at this question, and he grips my hands a little tighter. I glance down at our hands, before finally saying, looking back up at his eyes, clearing my throat, "Of course he has been, Pedri. He's been beyond perfect to me. Like, it's kind of crazy how perfect... Why?"

He studies my face, as if he's looking for any sign of lying, which, obviously, there won't be any sign of lying, because I'm not lying, one bit. Finally he leans back a bit, saying, "I care about you, and Gavi, and I just wanted to make sure... he wasn't hurting you. He can be... well, a little possessive, clingy, and overprotective... He hasn't been like that towards you?"

I squint my eyes, not really enjoying the fact that he basically is insulting my beloved boyfriend. I lean away, slipping my hands out of his, saying, "Of course he hasn't! How would you even know how Pablo could get, huh? It's not like your dating him. You don't have any right to sh** talk my boyfriend, do you, now?"

Pedri's eyes widen at my harsh words, and he says, not harsh, but forthright, "Honestly, Ember, I believe I do have a right to say what I've observed about your boyfriend." There is slight mocking in his tone. He continues, "I've seen it happen to him. Believe it or not, when I first met Gavi, he had a girlfriend. She was a b****, but that's beside the point. So Gavi was obsessed with her for a little bit, and she was beautiful, man, and she would always cheat on him, and he knew it. Well, he'd beat up the guys, and his girlfriend would always act like the victim of these guys, even though she seduced them. One time I was talking with his girlfriend, who's name was Catalina, much like I'm talking to you, right now. She really sucked, but she cried telling me this, and I could tell it was genuine, because I'd seen her fake cry to Gavi. So I knew this was real. She said Gavi would say stuff like 'If you get with one more other guy, I'll hit you,' or scream at her, or threaten her if she didn't want to spend time with him when he wanted to. He was obsessed with her, and for a short time, she became more important to him than football, which, as you know, is not like Gavi at all. He doesn't even love you more than football. Gavi would tell me how stressed out he was that she would leave him, and that he had to make sure he didn't because she made him feel loved, even though she didn't love him. So he threatened her to make her stay, and tried to charm her, and made her always be by his side, so she would stay away from other guys. By the way, after that time I talked with Catalina alone, Gavi... he... I'm not gonna say what he did, but he was mad that I was alone with her. Our friendship almost fell apart, but I made sure to hold it together, seeing Gavi was having his own issues, and it's nothing personally against me. So all I'm saying is, I know, because I've seen more than you have, and I've been here longer, and I was just concerned. I wanted to make sure you're okay. Because I have faith that Gavi has mended, but I also have concern and care for you. I'm sure it's fine. I'm sure he loves you too much for that, and I'm sure he's grown. I'm sure it's nothing to worry abou-" Pedri suddenly shuts up, hearing Gavi's footsteps coming closer, and his voice calling casually, "Coming with your food, guys!"

But I'm frozen. It's like ice is here. Everything is green and blue and cold and purple, and I think I'm getting frostbite. I need to talk to Pedri. I need to, but I can't, for every reason under that freezing cold, burning sun.

Pedri sees it in my eyes, and says, "Oh, uh, Gavi, can you do me a favor and get me some pain medication?"

"Why?" Gavi asks, peeking in with confused eyes.

"I have period cramps!" I suddenly blurt, which softens his confused eyes right away, and makes him respond with, "Oh, sure, Ember. Of course." He leaves, and I look back to Pedri.

But I can't talk. "Pedri... you... I... You must be lying! He'd never!"

"I'm not! He's probably changed, but-"

"Shut up!" I suddenly say, anger, and confusion, and worry, filling me as I bury my face in my hands, shaking my head in disbelief. Suddenly I stand up, saying, "Don't you realise how hard this is?" I then storm out of the room, to the front door, and before I leave and slam it shut  behind me, I call, "Tell Gavi I left. Come up with your own lie, or tell the truth; I don't care, Pedri. Just leave me f***ing alone with your f***ing lies about my boyfriend."

The door slams behind me.

~ Author's Note ~

Is Pedri lying?

Is it true?

Is there some toxic-ness in their relationship that Ember doesn't even realise?

Or, if it is true, has Gavi really grown enough to not struggle with those things anymore?

Is there really a gaping hole in this perfect love?

I guess you guys can't know until I publish the next chapter. 😈😈😈

I'm really sorry, guys. Things were getting too perfect. It was becoming a little drowning. A story isn't good without problems.

I needed to flavour it up a bit with some drama.

Please forgive me.