Chapter 58

𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝑰 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚, 𝒕𝒐𝒐. 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈.

𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃, 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐈'𝐌 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑, 𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, "𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄!"

"Okay!" I call back. "I'm still in the shower!" I step out of the shower just to unlock the door, before going back under the water, behind the curtain. I hear him come to the door, and I say, "You can come in. I need a towel, and my clothes, and a pad."

"Of course," he says, and I hear the door open, and him setting things out for me on the counter. "Okay, everything is there, my darling. I'm going to go wait for you. Where would you like to go?"

I think about this a few seconds, before saying, "Can we go to that big, huge sun room place? I find it calming there."

"Sure. I'll wait for you there." I listen as he closes the bathroom door behind him, and then step out of the shower, before drying off and putting on the clothes that he got me. There are a yellow pair of women's short shorts that are a little big on me, which means they're comfy. I pull the drawstrings and tie them in a bow. I realise that I don't have a clean bra. I could just put on the other one, but at the same time, maybe I wouldn't mind letting my boyfriend see me without a bra. The shirt he laid out for me obviously belongs to him. It's just plain and white, but it's a soft cotton, and it fits me just like all this shirts do. Comfortable and loose, but just fitting enough to not look bad. Once I'm finished, I then head to the sun room, and walk in, seeing Pablo sitting there with his legs crossed, on his mobile, wearing a green button down shirt, beige cargo-like pants, and orange sports socks. He looks up when he sees me, and his gaze lingers on me. Finally he blurts, "My God, Ember..."

"What?" I ask, suddenly nervous for some reason.

"Don't worry," he laughs a bit, hear it in my tone. "All I was going to say is that you look really hot."

I blush at this, and slip next to him in the chair, muttering, looking down, "Sorry for all that."

"Didn't I tell you to stop with all the sorry's? It's fine, Ember. Stuff happens. It's fine. And the reason why that happened is because you were so excited of me being home, so how could I be mad at you for a thing like that? Like I said, stuff happens."

I smile softly, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Thanks... But... won't you have to get a new couch...?"

"There are cushion covers on there, Ember. Think a little about it before you freak out," he teases, gently knocking on the top of my head. "I've got some really good stain remover spray and laundry detergent. I used that, and the cushion cover is in the wash right now. It works on everything I've tried, so I doubt it won't work on this stain, but if somehow, for some reason, it doesn't, it's not the end of the world. I can always order a new cushion cover."

I nod, wait a moment, before saying, "Sorry for being irrational, then, and being a crybaby."

"Stop saying sorry! And you aren't a crybaby. I get it. That's embarrassing to have happen to you. Or at least I would imagine it's embarrassing... Guess I wouldn't know. I'm sure that's all why you were crying, because you felt shameful, and that's understandable."

I shake my head, muttering, "It was that, but also something else, but you proved me completely wrong, because you're perfect."

He looks at me, interested. "What else was it?"

"I was scared you'd... get mad at me."

"Oh, right," he nods. "I wouldn't get mad at something so silly as that. Especially not at you. Don't you dare ever think you have to be afraid of me. That's the last thing I want."

I nod. "Alright... Well, I won't, because I see that you're even better than my expectations. Gavi, I think you've convinced me that Jesus wasn't the only one without sin, because I don't think you're capable of doing anything wrong."

He snorts, shaking his head. "Don't have that expectation, or else I will fail you. I'll love you as best as I can, and that's all I can do. I'll still make mistakes, so don't think I won't. And don't tell my I'm perfect, either," this last part he adds as a half-joke, "because I don't think my pride needs any more feeding than it already gets."

I roll my eyes, muttering, "God, you sound like Pedri or something."

He laughs at this, as he usually does at jokes relating to his best friend. "Yeah, you're right. Pedri might come out saying some sort of crap like that at the most random time. You're right." We sit in silence for a minute or two, before Gavi says, "Oh, Ember, speaking of Pedri, his birthday is coming up soon."

I look up in interest. "Oh, really? Sometime in November, right?"

"Yeah, on the twenty-fifth. Dembele, Ansu, and Pablo, and a few others, are all planning a surprise party." He says these last two words loaded with heavy amounts of sarcasm, rolling his eyes. "Pretty stupid, right?"

But I laugh out loud, which seems to surprise my boyfriend. "Of course it's stupid, but it's perfect! It'll be so dumb, it'll be awesome! And it's so Pedri! Pedri would totally pull crap like that on someone else, wouldn't he? So it's perfect to prepare a surprise party for him, don't you think? Come on, Gavi, this is amazing for Pedri! Gosh, I'm gonna have to contact Torre, Dembele, or Ansu, and ask him about it. I just gotta help with this!"

A smile breaks out on Gavi's face, and he rolls his eyes again, admitting, "Alright, maybe you're right. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but only because it's Pedri, and only because it's ironic."

I smile. It's funny how I can say one thing, and his whole opinion changes.