Chapter 75

~ Author's Note ~

J'aime Gavi. Il est beau

𝒚𝒐𝒖.
𝒊 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒚
𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕.

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐃. I take a second to not care what they could be laughing at. I take a second before the rest of my body wakes up along with my brain to just sit, enjoying the rising and falling and the heartbeats of whoever's strong chest I'm leaning against. Out of curiosity of who it could be, what everyone is laughing at, what's going on, where I am, and if I could perhaps try some of the good food that I smell, I let my eyes flutter open, focus, and I straighten my back, looking around, taking in my surroundings.

I'm sitting, curled up on Pablo Gavi's lap, my head leaned against his chest. All around are the rest of the guys, talking and eating food, which I assume came from a grill that is set up right next to a campfire where a few of the guys are roasting marshmallows. 

I feel blush feel my cheeks when I realise I was just literally sleeping on my boyfriend, right in front of them all. Awkward and uncomfortable, if you ask me. I look to my boyfriend's face, and he smiles to me, saying, "You woke up just in time. There's just a little bit of food left for you, and I can roast you a marshmallow if you'd like."

I grin, all the sudden any embarrassment gone. I gently slip off his lap, and sit down next to him, squeezing in between him and Pedri, making room where there is none. Gavi stands up to get me some food, and I say to Pedri, rubbing my eyes, "So I guess I fell asleep while we were walking here, huh?"

"Yeah, in your man's arms," he smirks, nudging me. I roll my eyes as he continues, "It was sweet, though. You two really are sweet. Together and apart."

"Whatever, Pedri," I smile, leaning on my friend's shoulder, still pretty tired. "How long since we got back to camp?"

He shrugs. "Me, you, Gavi, and Pablo got here probably about twenty or twenty-five minutes ago."

"Gosh, so I was sleeping for, what? Forty-five minutes? Because when I fell asleep we must've been about a half hour away from camp, right...?"

"Yeah," he nods. "Something like that. That makes sense."

I wait a few seconds, before asking Pedri softly, hoping no one else hears over their frivolous conversations that are occupying their blabbering mouths, "So, what did the other guys think? You know, seeing Gavi walking in carrying the sleeping me, all snuggled up to him, and then putting me on his lap rather than waking me up? How did they respond?" That's the only part I'm nervous about. I love all these boys, but I know some of them are prone to being very obnoxious sometimes.

Pedri smiles, shaking his head softly, "It was all fine, Ember. No need to worry. Dembele joked about 'those two young lovers'. Ferran said, 'Ew, PDA,' but we all told him off for the way he acts with Sira sometimes in public. Ansu said you two were 'the sweetest'. And Pablo said something like, 'So you're just gonna sit there like that?', to which we all told him off, saying that he was only uncomfortable with it because girls and love are such unfamiliar concepts to him, because he doesn't get women." I laugh at this, feeling Pablo Torre probably deserves it. "Gavi got a little annoyed. He's very protective of you and your relationship, you know. I calmed him down and just told the guys to give you and Gavi a break, because you really love each other, and you're just trying to show it. They all understood."

I smile and nod as Gavi comes over and hands me my plate of food. I thank him, and he asks if I would like a drink, to which I say I would like some lemonade, to which he goes to pour for me right away. I use this chance to keep talking to Pedri softly. "You say that he's very protective of me and our relationship. And I forget what else you've said, but you've said other things in the past that suggest that Gavi talks to you a lot about me. Does he? And if he does, what does he say?" Pedri smiles at this comment, shaking his head very slightly as Gavi come over to me once again, handing me a glass of iced lemonade with a lemon in it. "Ooooo!" I smile as well, seeing my lovely boyfriend. "Well, this looks gourmet."

He snorts, looking a little confused at this comment. "It's just lemonade, love."

"I know, but it looks all pretty with the ice and the lemon and the little extra bit of love you sprinkled in it."

He rolls his eyes at this, but can't help but smile. He shakes his head, saying, "Oh, right, of course. Well, do you want me to make you up a marshmallow, then?"

"Gavi," I giggle, taking his hand. "What's up with all this princess treatment, huh?"

He looks confused for a few seconds, before finally asking slowly, "Princess treatment? What do you mean?"

"I don't know," I shrug. "You're running around trying to get everything for me. And do everything for me, and serve me. And it's honestly really sweet."

Suddenly, his face lights up, and he says in a silly tone, "Well, it is exactly what it sounds like. Princess treatment? Why wouldn't I treat you like what you are, princess?" He lifts up his hand, gripping mine gently, and bends down to bring it to his mouth in such a silly, charming way, before kissing the back of my hand. "Now, how do you like your marshmallows done, and how many would you like?"

Oh, gosh, what a wonderful man.

He makes my heart pound so hard in my chest with the stupid little things he does.

"I'd like two crisp perfect light brown marshmallows, please, my prince in shining armour."