Chapter 101

𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆.

𝐏𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐎 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐒𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐒. The moment Pablo came back, I was there waiting as his house. It was a surprise for him to see me there, and he attacked me with neck kisses before settling down. Now we sit, bored out of our minds, watching Erling Haaland score and stuff.

"Are you drunk?" Pablo suddenly asks.

"Nope. You?"

"No. Buzzed?"

"A tad bit. You?"

"No..."

"Alright, Mr. High Tolerance," I roll my eyes.

"We've hardly drank anything." Suddenly Kevin De Bruyne comes on screen, wiping his sweat, doing a slightly odd face, and Gavi laughs at him, muttering, "Bro."

"Hey, if you saw yourself on live television..." is all I say with a smirk.

"Hey!" he says in a fake offended voice, and we both chuckle.

Finally Pablo decides to shut up the commentator, who obviously is rooting for Man City as he drones on and on about 'Phil Foden's great technique'. Blah, blah, blah. "Thanks for making that guy shut up," I roll my eyes.

"You've got something against Phil Foden?"

"No, I only worship God, though, not Phil Foden, like that commentator, my brother in Christ," I joke, and this makes Pablo laugh once more.

"If you had to worship any football player-"

"It'd be you, yes, Pablo, we all know," I roll my eyes.

He grins at this comment. "So, Premier League and Lays got too boring. Why don't we... go someplace?"

"Like where?" I frown.

"Wanna go for a hike? I'm anxious to move, after sitting and staring at British football for over an hour eating junk."

"Yeah, that's an awful way to buy time, now that you say it like that," I laugh. "Sure, let's go for a hike. Where do you wanna go? It's getting kind of cold, Pablo..."

"Hmmm... Good point. Guess I'll just have to keep you warm, then," he grins, kissing my cheek, and I wonder what this means.

"Where are we going?"

"Go out to the car. I'll meet you there in a minute," he reaches in his pocket, tossing me the keys to his car. "You don't want to hike- I can tell- but I have an idea that will be good for both of us."

"Pablo, what is it?"

"Just wait and see. I'll be out in a minute."

I roll my eyes, but obey his orders and go to the car, sitting down in the passenger's seat, waiting impatiently for him to get out.

Finally he opens the passenger seat door, putting a black Puma hat on my head and patting it, saying, "Don't complain about being cold." He hands me me matching gloves of the same brand, and then tosses a red scarf over my shoulder and neck with a nice little smile. 

 "Thanks, love."

"You're welcome, princess."

"Stop," I roll my eyes.

He gets into the car and starts driving. He's wearing a yellow windbreaker, black sweatpants, and sunglasses on his brown hair.

"Sunglasses?" I ask.

"It's sunny," he says, putting them down on his face.

"How are you not freezing in just that? The weather has been so weird lately. The other day it was like freaking 20 degrees! Now it's got to be like -0.5!!!"

"Yeah, I don't know. Talk to the climate change people about that one. The cold weather is nice. I hope we have a cold winter."

"Are you insane?"

"Better for football, if it's not too cold."

"This is way too cold!"

"Did you just say it's -0.5? You're insane. It's like 4 degrees."

"Too cold."

"How are you that bundled up in 4 degrees?"

I roll my eyes and pull out my phone, pulling up my weather app. "3 degrees, Pablo. And don't tell me that's not too cold for December."

"Didn't you used to live in France?" he says, rolling his eyes. "Isn't it colder there?"

"It's only a little colder in Montpellier."

"Whatever. Either way, it's way too warm to be bundled up like that. It's nice weather right now."

"Well, we're all entitled to our own opinions, Pablo. Now, where is this, anyway?" I ask as he parks on the side of a street, squeezing in (way too tightly) between two other cars.

"As you tried to make very clear to me just now, it's December."

"So?"

He grins. "So we're going Christmas shopping."

"Oh... okay! For the guys?"

"For anyone. You could shop for your other friends and your mum and dad, too. And my teammates. Anybody. I'm shopping for my friends and also my mum and dad and my sister."

"Oh, alright, sounds good," I say, getting out of the car.

"So we'll go for a walk at least, walking from shop to shop, you know? And you like shopping. So that's why I said this is a good compromise."

"Okay!" I grin, taking his hand in my gloved one.

"You're one of those girls that always cold, aren't you?" he teases. "Like, everyone else will be sweating and like taking off their shirts and rolling up their shorts and you'll be wrapped in like three jackets, five scarves, a hat, mittens, and still shivering."

I laugh at this assessment, but don't deny it. I just give his hand a squeeze. I take off the scarf suddenly, saying, "Stupid Pablo!" as I throw it over his face.

"Huh?" he says, sounding so dumb.

"No disguise? Just gonna let people see Pablo Gavi walking down the street, holding the hand of his girlfriend? Come on now!"

"Oops," he snorts. "Man, this scarf is sweaty."

"Too bad, loser."

"Aw, so mean to me. Come on now," he says, faking a sad voice.

"So funny," I roll my eyes.

There is already red ribbon, fairy lights, and jingling bells hung on the street lights and lining the walls and tops of buildings, and the air smells like crisp, fresh cool air, with a bit of bakery, from I assume the cafe across the street. I know I'll have to ask Pablo to stop there. And get me something. Hopefully.

I basically decide to start dragging Pablo everywhere, because he kept gazing in windows like a surprised child at all the goodies inside instead of actually shopping. I go to kitchen appliances for gifts for my mum and dad, and get jewelry for Aggie, and some clothes for Charli.

Then I decide this is a good time to take a cafe break.