Chapter 106

~ Author's Note ~

Wow look at that handsome young man.

Okay guys do you ever listen to a song and the guy singing it SOUNDS handsome and then you look him up and he's like fat and old? Hate it when that happens.

I'm going to try to shorten a few parts that I would have liked to write, because this story is getting ridiculously long. Like, I don't know how y'all are still sticking with it. Thanks so much. I was even thinking maybe I should finished up this book and start a book two, which would probably just be a bit shorter, just to split it up a bit.

What do you guys think about that? Please comment and tell me- should I just finish up the story in this book, or should I start another book, which would be a direct sequel from this one?

Thanks so much.

(Congrats Manchester City for 3-0)

𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕. 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍.

𝐖𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐏𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐔𝐏 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓. Halfway through, Pablo calls me, so I just step out of the room when I answer, explaining I'm at an appointment right now, and I'm sorry, because I have a busy day, so we probably won't be able to see each other today. I feel kind of bad for lying to him, but I don't want him to get jealous for some dumb reason. To me, Pedri is obviously just a really close friend, and nothing more. But I can see how to Pablo it may not look that way, so I understand. I understand that I have to lie to him in order to not upset him.

There's probably something not right with that, but oh well.

I end up shopping online with Pedri, and I get Pablo a pair of (really nice) sunglasses that were on sale for fifty percent off (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford them, considering the financial shape I'm in right now), some candy that Pedri says he loves, and some of his shampoo. I understand that this is extremely cheap and pathetic, but it's because of all the time I spend with him that I'm so poor right now, so I think I'm alright. I also tell Pedri that I'll write him a nice loving note or something along with it. Pedri says that's a good idea.

I also buy a cute mug for Aggie, chocolate for Charli, a tote bag for my mother, and a gift card for my father. I feel bad that it's not more, but I hope they all won't mind...

Then I hug Pedri, kiss his cheek, and say bye.

"You oughta stop kissing me like that," he rolls his eyes. "Again, imagine if Gavi went and kissed some girl goodbye when he left someplace. I don't think you'd be too happy about that, huh?"

"I guess not, but Gavi isn't here."

"You shouldn't think like that. Who you are and what you do and how you behave away from Gavi should be exactly the same as when you're with him. You shouldn't be faking to impress him."

"Pedri," I roll my eyes. "I'm not."

"Good, then stop kissing me," he gently flicks my nose and says, "Alright, see you later, then, Ember. I'll text you to come by when the gifts you bought come by the delivery man."

"Okay, thanks, Pedri!" I smile. "Bye!" I wave, and go off to get a taxi.

I sit in my bedroom, writing out my plans for Christmas and on what days I'll be doing each thing. It all works out perfectly- December 20, I'm going to celebrate with Charli and Aggie. December 21, I'm celebrating by going to the guys' match in Madrid and then going to a Christmas party which is being hosted by... another footballer. When I was talking to Gavi about it, he brushed past who the host is, saying he has no idea, but likely some player that lives in Madrid and doesn't have a family to get home to for Christmas very far away. He said it's a party a lot of footballers are going to, despite teams. Just LaLiga fest, which kind of makes my heart beat faster. Of course I've always been a Barcelona fan, but there are plenty of other amazing players that I admire or even former Barcelona players who I'd be super excited to meet. Through my mind, I think of legends like Benzema or Griezmann. When it comes to Real Madrid, I have to admit, even though they're my favorite club's biggest rival, I still would love to be able to meet Benzema, Rodrygo, Vini Jr.... It'd simply be amazing. I'm also Spanish, so of course during the World Cup and other international matches, I'm always a fan of Asensio or Nacho. And when it comes to Atletico de Madrid, Griezmann used to be on Barcelona. He left when I was like sixteen, and I was totally a fan. I remember watching him and the French team winning the World Cup, while I was living in France. Morata, too, is the captain of the Spanish team. It'd be awesome to meet guys like Correa, De Paul, and Llorente, too.

So, in conclusion, I wouldn't mind meeting some other famous footballers, simply because, despite being Pablo Gavi's girlfriend, I'm also still the biggest football fan of La Liga around.

Then on the 24th of December, I'm going to have a little Christmas celebration at my parents' house with them which will be a nice little time, I think. It's actually been way too long since we've seen each other, and I only realise that now, as I'm thinking about it. And only now does my heart start aching about.

And then I stare at my calender. December 25, Christmas Day, I have absolutely nothing planned, which kind of worries me.

Then I get a call from Pablo, though, just like that, and all my worries about that disappear when he invites me to come home with him on Christmas Day to meet his family.

Good. My Christmas is all planned out perfectly.