Chapter 68

~ Author's Note ~

Uh here take a random picture of Kylian Mbappe I took off of Instagram a while ago shortly after the World Cup just

Uh here take a random picture of Kylian Mbappe I took off of Instagram a while ago shortly after the World Cup just... because .... ?

I laughed when I saw it, so I saved it. That's just kinda how I am, I guess.

Laugh, save, share.

:D I sound like a telly advertisement now.... :'(

𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒚, 𝑰 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕.

𝐈 𝐒𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐒, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍, 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐘 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐒, 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐒, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐃. He lays the larger blanket down on the grass, and I slide over onto the blanket. He sits down next to me, and pulls me close to him right away,  using his arm to wrap around my back and squeeze me against his strong body. I love it. He hands the hoodie to me and lays the other blanket over both of our laps. Then he places the flashlight down between the two of us, before taking out the food and giving us each our portions. He does it all in a silent, lovely, peaceful quietness. Finally, once we're settled and about to start eating, his eyes meet mine. In only the light of the moon, stars, and the flashlight, they shine like pools of chocolate pudding- they're just as sweet as chocolate pudding, too. He says with the most golden smile, "A picnic under the stars with the girl I love." Just these words are enough to make my heart spark like a shooting star, like as if it belongs up there in the sky with the rest of the stars, and is about to burst right up out of my chest and into the cold night air.

I want to kiss him right now, but he puts a bit of food in his mouth, so I guess I'll have to wait. "I know, Gavi, and I love it. But you haven't said it yet."

He looks up, a little confused, before asking, "Say what? The stuff about Pedri?"

"Well, that too, I suppose, I'm curious to hear. But before you do, there's an iconic saying they always say in those awful romance book and movies, and I think you'd better say it now." I laugh, leaning my head on his shoulder, right in that crook where it fits the best.

"Hmm..." he sighs, thinking, as we eat and drink our dinner in the night. Finally, he leans back, and looks up at the stars, and when he chuckles softly, shaking his head, I know he has realised what he says. A few silent seconds later, he finally says, which makes me giggle softly for some reason, "The stars are beautiful tonight, love," he pauses for a sigh and some cheesy effect, before finishing, meetin my eyes once again, "But not at beautiful as you are."

We both burst out laughing, leaning into each other, and then finally sigh, letting oursleves calm down again. There is some time of quiet, before I finally say, more seriously, "What happened with you and Pedri at training, then? What did you ask him, and what was his response?"

"Right... Well, I got mad, but this time not at Pedri, like I was before. So I just alked to him about the talk we had earlier today, and I told him everything I told you, about what really went on between me and my ex. He was really sorry and guilty. Apparently, that b**** is so good at deception and lying and being an awful person, she managed to even trick Pedri, my best friend. Pedri was so sorry for believing her. He even gave me and hug and kissed my cheek before I left, and it... it felt really good to come to an understand and to... forgive each other. He said he was sorry for talking to you about all that, and basically telling you lies, and causing all this dramam. He was really sorry, Ember. So much that I had to convince him not to be. And, well, that kind of then made me feel really bad for-" he suddenly cuts himself off, and finishes shortly with, "Nothing."

"Pablo... You know you've got to tell my what you were going to say...!" I demand of my boyfriend.

He sighs, shifting uncomfortably. "No... I don't want you to mad at me."

I look at him, slightly confused and concerned. "What is it? What did you do? I won't get mad at you, I promise! Just tell me!"

He sighs, shifting again, before finally starting with, "Well, you know I have a bad temper sometimes..."

"Sure...?"

"When I thought Pedri had done something to you to make you cry, and before I even thought to try to talk it through and let myself cool down, I... well, I punched Pedri. I was mad, and I didn't want anyone hurting you, and I didn't think, and... I know you're probably mad at me, and you should be, because it was a mistake on Pedri's part, and I didn't know the whole story, and I know Pedri is both of our friends, and I'm sorry, so please don't be mad... and ... I wasn't going to tell you because I thought you might not like a guy who can't contain his anger like that but.. Trust me, I'm working on it, and-"

He's been rambling, getting faster and faster as he speaks, sounding so worried, and finally I interrupt him, saying simply as I take both his hands in mine gently, and now it's my turn to look into his eyes, "Hey, Pablo, I forgive you. You obviously feel bad for it, and obviously you should not have punched Pedri, but I'm not mad at you. Because I understand you're sorry, and you don't want to do it again. We all struggle with our own different little things, and if yours is anger, and you're working through it, then that's good. Keep working through it, and I'll love you all the way through it!"

Suddenly, he blurts, sounding guilty, "It left a freaking bruise on his cheek, and he came to training today with a mask, saying he had a cold, because he didn't want our teammates to know that I punched him. Because.. Ember, he's such a good friend. As soon as I apologized to him, and he forgave me right away. He laughed it off, saying it was alright, and that it wasn't a big deal! Like, I don't deserve you guys being so good to me! I punched Pedri! And he just... he..." To say that my boyfriend is on the verge of tears wouldn't be accurate at all- because he's not. But to say he is hurt, and if he was a little softer, and more willing too,  he would be on the verge of tears, isn't a lie.

So I do what my job to do is. I take his face is my hands, cupping his cheeks, and look him right in the eyes, saying, "You are the most perfect boy the world has ever seen. Everyone has flaws, and you can't get so down on you rmistakes. Pedri is a great, forgiving friend, and it's good to have a friend like that, but that doesn't mean that he's giving you forgiveness you don't deserve. So look at me right in the eyes when I say this, and focus on every word I'm about to say, Pablo." He nods. And I continue, "You deserve all the love that comes to you, from me, and from Pedri, okay?"

He nods again, and I decide this is a good time to kiss him.