Chapter 98

~ Author's Note ~

He's showing off his trophies there because he's a winner boy.

Okay guys, so I need your honest opinion on something. I know there are enough people reading this book and many of you comment, so don't leave me hanging on this one. I know a lot of other fan fictions include actually smut- like, having sex. And I'm just not uncomfortable writing that, so I won't. But I still want to know- do you think this would be better if there was smut?

Just answer honestly, I want to know.

Thanks besties.

𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖

𝐈 𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐓. After a while of just sitting on the floor with me as I pull myself together, I finally wipe my eyes, sniffing, choking over the words, "We were having so much fun. And then it was just ruined... It was ruined, Pablo."

He hugs me very gently, but extremely protectively.

Protective.

That is exactly what he is over me.

And, my goodness, I love that. I need that.

"I know, Ember, I know. We can go home now, if you'd like, and we can relax and calm down," he is whispering like a gentle feather in my ear, calming me down as he describes what our night will hold. "I'll fill up a relaxing, warm, steaming, sweet-smelling tub for you... Wash off all that shame from your body, okay? No more shame. Then it'll go down the drain, never to be seen again, okay, love? After your bath- and you can take as long as you want- you can get out and dry off with my fluffiest towel, and then I'll get you some of my clothes to snuggle up in. Then we'll go to my bedroom. We'll get in my bed, and I'll snuggle you, love, until you go to sleep. Sound good?"

The gentle loving way of his voice as he whispers such comforting fans makes me love him even more, and I lean into his chest, nod, and sniff, muttering, "Yeah, that sounds good."

He helps me up off the floor, and I lean on him all the way out, aware of how beat up I must look, with my ruffled shirt, messy hair, dripping makeup, tear-stained eyes, and tired expression.

Pablo brings me all the way out to the car, and he opens the door for me, helping me get into the passenger's seat. He starts driving, and I calm down with the sounds of the road, trusting him just now, and I fall asleep during the car ride back to his home.

I'm so shaken, I can't even have anxiety right now. I'm so tired, there's nothing that can keep me awake for this drive.

I don't even worry about how much alcohol Pablo did end up drinking. I just trust that he'll get us home safely.

And he does. I'm woken up, being held bridal style by him, walking inside his house. "You still want that bath?" he whispers as we walk in.

I nod, smiling softly to him. "Yeah, I do... I still want it."

"Okay," he gently sets me down on the couch. "I'll go prepare it for you. If you need anything, I'm here. Just call, love, okay?"

I nod again, saying, "Okay, I will."

I watch as he leaves the dimly lit living room to go prepare it for me, and I start to worry. Pedri was right. Imagine all the cameras that could have filmed our whole night, not just the last part. That scares me. I need to be getting to telling  my friends and family about us... I sigh. After what happened to me tonight, I don't think I can afford to spend energy on these things.

Pablo comes back, saying, "Your bath is ready, love."

Love.

Right now, I just want to cry that he calls me that, despite the fact that he calls me that so often.

Because he sounds so sincere right now. I believe that I am his only love. That he deeply cares about me more than anything else.

Except for maybe football, but that's understandable.

I also care about FC Barcelona more than anything else.

I'm smiling when he come back to get me, and he strokes my cheek, taking my hand as I stand up, saying, "It's good to see you smiling."

I nod, letting him lead me to the tub, still feeling burdened when reality comes back to me. "Pablo," I mutter. "I hate him."

"I hate him, too. But you're going to be okay. Remember, all the shame, all his touches, all of that will go down the drain with the water."

I nod, and mutter, "Thank you," as he shuts the door behind me to let me get undressed and into the water. I sink into the warm water, feeling peace flood over me, and I'm sure he must be right about all the shame washing off, because that is exactly what it feels like.

I scrub myself after a while with his soap, and then just let myself soak in the tub. Before I know it, I'm waking up, so I guess I feel asleep. I guess I wasn't asleep for too long, since Pablo didn't start to get worried or anything. But now the water is feeling stale with the shame, so I stand up slowly out of it, letting it drip off of me, and pull the drain, watching as it swirls down and away, out of my life.

That awful Liam is gone now, and along with the shame, and it's good now.

Better.

I grab the fluffy towel that was promised and wrap it around myself, drying myself off. I use a comb that I find to get through my hair, before unlocking the door, stepping out of the bathroom, calling, "Pablo, where are you? You never gave me any clothes." I stand in the hallway, in nothing but a towel.

"Coming, love," he calls back, and sure enough, he comes a few minutes later with a pair of boxers, a hoodie, and some sweatpants. "That will be fine, right?"

I smile. "Perfect. Thank you."