Chapter 109

~ Author's Note ~

Not me being weird but like doesn't rain just like make footballers so hot like wow. Precipitation from the sky, and all the sudden, boom, you're even hotter than you were before.

Like Griezmann holding the World Cup in 2018

Ugh man

Love that so much.

I feel like those pictures of Antoine Griezmann holding his daughter in one arm and the World Cup in the other with the most golden smile in the world wouldn't be the same without the rain.

Sorry though I'm just a bit strange lol

Censored swearing btw

𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆, 𝒔𝒐 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐏 𝐌𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃, 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒. I don't even have to open my eyes to know it's his arms that wrap around me. It feels like him. Smells like him. I just know.

He carries me to his car and gently places me in the passenger seat. "Where do you want to go. Close by. So we can talk it over."

I sniff, muttering, "Just your house is good."

"Okay," he whispers back, kissing my cheek, before shutting the door and going around to the other side to get behind the wheel and start driving. It's a very short while before we get to his house, and he takes my hand, leading me straight to his bedroom. He sits down on the bed, leaning his back against the wall, spreading his legs out in front of him, and pulls me to get onto his lap. I do so, leaning my head on his neck, muttering, "Pablo... Charli, she f***ing..."

"What, did you try telling her about me?"

"No," I sniff, my voice hoarse. It cracks. "Not even that." I turn over and, thinking about Charli, lean into his shoulder and cry into it. F*** you, Charli.

Pablo rubs my back, holding me close, so delicately yet so protectively, and I know I mean the world to him, which makes me feel much better. Just being there under his calming touch convinces me, only for now, only for this moment, that he is the most important and I should act like he is. I can't deny the truth. Our love is the truth.

I cry for who knows how long, before finally, after I've calmed down a bit, he ask, "What happened, baby?"

I take a big breath, before blubbering out to him everything Charli randomly did and said to me. I finished with her throwing the remote and me running out, finding a place far enough away to cry and wait for you. I leave out the fact that I had a moment of hesitation before texting him to come.

The his muscles flex around me at all of this information, so he's holding me slightly tigher. "Did the remote hit you?" he asks.

I think a few moments, and then suddenly, I feel an ache in my stomach. A wound ache. "I was so upset," I mutter, leaning away from him, "that I didn't even realise it hit me until now..." I roll up my shirt and look down to see a big red-purple bruise forming. Only now can I recall that the corner of it jabbed into my middle before crashing to the floor.

Pablo's fingers gently brush it, and I can see the furrowing of his eyebrows. The fire in his eyes. The lowering of his mouth. The clenching of his jaw. He studies my face, and I know he's holding back his anger towards Charli. Finally he says, "Can I set something straight for you, love?"

I blink up at him, and a few loose tears fall. He wipes them away as I give him a small nod.

"Okay," he sighs, looking down. He grabs my resting hand in his own, and starts rubbing it with his thumb as he says, "I don't expect you to love me more than other things. I expect you to love me, but not because it's your job, but because... Because I love you and try to show that in so many different ways, I just want your love to come naturally. I don't want to pull you away from your own dreams and ambitions. That's not what I'm looking to do at all. If you want to fill your schedule with school and work, be my guest. Know that I love you and will seek to be with you whenever I can. Whenever you want to. You come first. Obviously... You can choose to live like that and give time to your friends, too, and I think that I good idea. I don't want to take you away from the things you love. I always love being with you, but if there's other things you need to do, please do them. I do my things that I need to do. I train, and go away for periods of time for football. You have every right to chase what you'd like to, too. It's not fair for you not to... And right now, maybe that's for the best..."

I study him, muttering, "I can't."

"Why?"

"I'd rather be with you than do anything else."

"Well, that's the other thing I was going to say. I was going to say... someday..." Suddenly, he looks slightly embarrassed. "Someday, we could get married. And you could live with me in my house, and it would be our house. And I would work and you wouldn't have to because... well, for obvious reasons. My job pays more than enough... That's what I want, Ember, the most. I just don't know if that's right for you right now. I mean, you're welcome to move in and let me pay for you life because I want t-"

"You're right... It's not the time. I'm stuck between the time it is and the time I want it to be. It's so important for me to be successful. But I need to be with you, because you're what makes me happy. It stresses me out to fail, though, so then I won't be happy. I'm still so young. I should do something..."

He strokes my cheek, looking at me with the most loving eyes. "You have time to make your decision of what you want to do, right? More than enough time. And whatever way you choose, I'll be happy. And I'll always wait for you, to see you again, until the say I die, okay?"

I sniff and nod, wiping my tears, resting my head on his chest. "Okay, Pablo..."

"Now," he smiles, running his fingers gently through my hair. "It's Christmas. Why don't you wait until at least the New Year again to start worrying, huh?"

I smile. "Good idea, Pablo. Good idea."