Chapter 95

~ Author's Note ~

Guys it would be awful if Pinterest ran out of pictures of Gavi for me to use for this fan fiction.

𝑰'𝒎 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆.

"𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊?" my boyfriend asks me in concern after I tell him I can be picked up at my building now.

"None of your business."

"Ember... Come on, now, tell me."

"Come on now and pick me up before the night runs away from us, Pablo. You haven't drank yet, right?"

"No, I haven't. I can pick you up."

"Okay, then get on with it!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be there in about fifteen minutes, Ember."

"'Kay, bye, see you then."

I stand outside my building on my phone, leaning against the wall, making myself look busy, waiting for his car to pull up. 

I made sure to tie my hair up in a nice wavy ponytail for tonight, with two strands hanging down by my ears. I think it looks pretty cute.

Finally his car does come, and I slip into the seat, staring at him, mouth slightly open in shock at his perfection.

He's sitting there with his hair swept back out of his face, wearing a black tighter button-down with the first few buttons unbuttoned, showing off his chest, sunglasses hanging from his shirt, and a bracelet and a watch on his wrists. I blurt, "Whoa, Pablo, what is this you're wearing?"

He glances at me, and says, "Jeez, Ember, I could say the same to you."

"No you couldn't! It is normal for me to wear something like this."

"And it's not normal for me to wear something for this?"

"Not at all, Mr. Eternally Wearing Athletic Shorts And A Hoodie Or A T-Shirt! You're actually wearing something sexy!"

"Pfft-" is the only noise that comes from his mouth.

"What I'm saying is that you should dress nice like this more often. I like it. Why'd you decide to tonight?"

"No reason."

"Yes there is!"

"Well you, Ember, wouldn't tell me how you got out of work, so I have no obligation to tell you why I decided to dress the way I did, do I?"

"Trying to impress me?" I ask with a raise of my eyebrows as he starts driving.

"I already said, I'm not gonna tell you," he says, a smile creeping on his lips.

"Hmm, okay then," I smile. The windows are down, and he has one hand on the wheel, the other arm casually hanging out the window. The air is blowing around between us, and the traffic and street lights are providing a shiny romantic nighttime feel. I watch as every so often he, without even realising or thinking about it, I'm sure, clenches and unclenches his jaw. I don't think this is any sort of sign of uncomfortable emotions; he looks completely relaxed and in control. Of everything. And hot. He looks so good. I don't know why he's doing that with his jaw, but either way, it's handsome, and I love it.

Finally, he pulls onto the street in front of a club that I used to go to a lot when we first moved to Barcelona. I love this place. Now that I think about it, this was the one me, Aggie, and Charli were at that night before me and Charli ran into Pedri and Gavi that first time. I like this place. It has memories.

He gets out of the car, opening my door for me and holding his hand out for me to take when I get out. "Oh, thank you, you gentleman," I giggle.

"Of course, lovely," he winks, totally aware of how cliche we are, and not minding it one bit.

I don't mind it one bit, either.

"So you said Pedri is here? And who else?"

"Dunno. Just a few other Barca guys. You think I care enough to pay attention? The whole time I was thinking about you."

"Seriously?" I giggle as we grab hands, walking inside the building. "I'm really on your mind that much, huh?"

"Pretty much," he shrugs.

We walk in, and I spot Pedri and Balde right away. "Wanna dance?" I ask Gavi with a grin when the music envelops me.

"Me? Dancing? Where are you, because obviously not on planet Earth."

"Oh, come on, why don't you try it? I'm sure you've got moves-"

"No, you better not be sure about that, love," he snorts. "You go get some benches for us while I go get us some drinks. What do you want?"

I tell him what I would like, and then go get seats, taking out my phone to pretend to be pre-occupied with something else, but really because I don't want creepy dudes spotting my looks and deciding to try to take a shot at me.

Finally Pablo is back with our drinks, and he sits down next to me, and in the dim bar lighting, surrounded by guys who don't even compare to him, he's stunning. Absolutely stunning.

We both eye each other, taking sips of our drinks, before finally saying at the same exact time, "You're stunning tonight."

We both laugh, leaning into each other at the fact we just said the same thing, like the stupid young lovers we are.

Pablo gently sets his drink down on the counter, and I take this as my chance, "Okay, we're dancing now," I say, putting my drink down too and grabbing his hand, pulling him up.

"You might be dancing now, but I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"Never in my life will you see me dancing."

"Strange, since I'm about to see you dancing," I grin. "Listen, you don't need to do anything. Just move to the music. I know how to dance. It's okay, I'll make your excuse for dancing badly that you're so stunned by the dancing talent of the woman in your arms."

"No one will even try to compare what I'll be doing to dancing," he grins, letting my drag him onto the dance floor. "It will look nothing like it."

"Yeah, I'm sure, Pablo; I don't doubt that," I lean to his ear and say, "But I want you to watch me dance now."

He grins, his cheeks bright red in the lighting, whispering back, "That I can do."