Chapter 80

~ Author's Note ~

This chapter is a little longer, but it seems like you guys like longer chapters more anyway.

On Pinterest I keep getting ads for rlly tight men's swim shorts that are basically like nothing at all and I'm like why the heck am I getting these ads???

Like bro you think I'm looking to buy some of that crap?

No! I'm not!

𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐀𝐍𝐗𝐈𝐄𝐓𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐈'𝐌 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐀𝐖𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋. There's something awful and strange about the nighttime that does that to me. Every night I can remember.

Nights in Bilbao between my mother and father.

Partying in Montpelier with guys below us with Aggie and Charli.

And all of these nights since moving to Barcelona.

The night when me and Charli were drunk and ran right into Pedri and Gavi.

The night when I met Gavi on that quiet street.

The night when I ran to his car parked alone and cried into him, sorry I kissed another guy. That was the same night he kissed me and I became his.

And now here I am on this night, just having been aroused by him, trying to be completely silent, because those f***ing guys might be awake.

We both listen closely, and then begin to catch the conversation. Eric is saying, "Hear what, Ferran?"

"I don't know..."

"Why are you waking me up at freaking 3:00 A.M., dude?" Eric asks tiredly.

"I heard something freaking off, man."

I can hear Eric chuckle. "You scared of the dark? Think you're hearing ghosts?"

"No. I just heard something weird. Like, someone else is here."

"A ghost," Eric teases. "Dude, this is a campground. What the hell do you think, that no one else is gonna be around?" There's a silence, before Eric says with a sigh, "What are you grinning about?"

Suddenly we hear Pedri's very groggy voice say, "What the hell's goin' on?"

"Nothing, Pedri, go back to sleep," Ferran orders, and we hear shuffling in the tent, which means Pedri was encouraged to wake up at these words rather than go back to sleep as Ferran ordered.

"Now, what did you hear?" Eric asks. "Because you've got us both up now, so it better be good."

Ferran lowers his voice, and I really have to strain to hear, but he says, "I think Ember and Gavi are awake in there."