Chapter 36

𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒖𝒏𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 5:30 𝐏.𝐌., 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐈 𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐌𝐄 𝐔𝐏, 𝐈 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐄. I hope Gavi likes it. My nails are long and red, and done nicely. I put mascara and dark red lipstick on, and silver sparkly dot earrings in my ears. I decide to keep my hair down, and curl it, so there are bouncy wavy pieces all around my face, shoulders, neck, back, and shoulders. I decide to put on a more casual, classy look, putting on a pair of red jeans, a low cut white tank crop-top, and a matching red suit jacket over the tank top, unbuttoned and loose. I hopefully look hot. At least to Gavi.

I don't know if he'll like this look, but I guess it is worth a shot. I try to convince myself that it doesn't really matter what I wear, anyway, because if he really loves me, he's going to want to get with me, either way.

As soon as his car pulls up to the building, I run out to the car, slipping in next to him quickly in the passenger seat. He starts driving as soon as I'm buckled. I gaze upon him. He's wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, both articles of clothing pretty tight on him. I love how much I can see his body. His shape. 

Ugh, what am I saying? I'm so silly... And yet I can't stop staring at him.

He glances at me just a second, catching me staring. A little amused smirk appears on his face, and he says, "What'cha lookin' at?"

What I really would like to say is that I'm looking at the brown-eyed wonder. Is that I'm looking at the cutest boy on earth. Is that I'm looking at the hottest guy in the world. Instead, of course, I don't say any of those thoughts that lay on my tongue, longing to tumble out of my mouth. I just shrug, feeling myself giggle a bit.

After some silence of driving, Gavi says, "Pedri said he might be going out to the club tonight, too, with Dembele and Ansu, I think he said. I told him I wouldn't be hanging around them, though, because I've got someone far better to spend time with."

I stare at him, feeling my face heat up. I feel the butterflies fly up within me, and my arms get shaky, and I love him so much right now. "Yeah?" I say simply.

"Yeah. I said I'm bringing Ember out to the bar tonight. Pedri teased me about that, you see, of course. He said 'Oh, yeah, you got a date tonight with her, eh?' And you know what, Ember?" There is an unfamiliar tone to his voice, and the only thing I can assume is that it is a flirting tone. This excites me. "I didn't deny it to Pedri. I gave him a smirk, and I said, 'Well, I don't know, Pedri. I guess we'll just have to see about that, no?'"

I giggle, and nod, muttering, "Is it a date, then?"

He shrugs with a little smile. "I don't know. I guess you can decide that."

I nod with a similar little smile, looking out the window, and decide to say nothing for right now.

Shortly after, we make it to the club. It's a super busy night, and, of course, there are plently of Barca fans and reporters here, trying to attack Gavi and the other players inside with their autograph requests and questions. I'm amazed how Gavi so easily walks through them, clearing a path for me to follow him.

Soon, we're settled at the counter, and he start ordering drinks. I can look over and see where Dembele, Pedri, and Ansu are sitting, but they're far enough away not to worry about.

I'm surprised Gavi is okay being out in public with me like this, in front of all the cameras and everything. It shocks me. But hey, I'm not complaining!

Things go well, and he buys me some dinner. We eat together, talking and laughing like the old days, wekks ago. It is so refreshing. It is like a breath of fresh air after being inside for days, or a sip of cold lemonade after a sweaty run in the summertime.

And we hold hands.

Not just ahnds on the other one. Clasped. Really, entwined, together.

That is how I have already wanted to be with Pablo Gavi.

Butterflies are swirling everywhere- stomach, head, eyes, heart, limbs, soul. That probably has to do with the love and the alcohol.

Speaking of alcohol, unlike Pedri, which I like, he buys me drinks, and keeps on buying them for me. I don't think enough to consider that he may be trying to get me drunk, but I decide not to worry about silly concepts like that.

I have lost track of how many I have had, but I can say accurately, a lot. Gavi is only a little buzzed it seems, or maybe a tiny bit drunk.

And he is adorable like this. I have never seen him drink alcohol. Not until now. He rubs my hand a lot, and keeps telling me stories about the locker rooms and games and his teammates, and he laughs at things that aren't even funny, and I laugh too, and I love his red face when he laughs so hard. He barely ever laughs this hard.

I love getting drunk because it makes everything feel so, so fine.

So something else feels fine to me, too. Something that isn't fine. After Gavi finishes telling me a story about a prank Pedri, he, and Dembele played on De Jong, he says with a happy sigh, seeming to remember something, "Oh, Ember, I have a gift for you, in my car! I forgot to grab it. You mind if I just go out and grab it quickly? I'll jog, and be back soon." 

I don't doubt his speedy jogging abilities one bit, so I nod, saying, "Yeah, I'll be sitting right here, waiting for you."

Except I'm not sitting there, waiting for him when he comes back, because someone else comes, and sweeps me away.